First purchased the book about a year ago and whilst some SEO books teach you the basic "The Art of SEO" goes that much deeper! I would certainly recommend this book to anyone regardless of their level of SEO understanding. Get it now!
on 8 February 2011
Top accurate information written in a similar style to the blog posts to be found on the SEOMOZ website with plenty of guidance for beginners and experts alike. A highly recommended read that is not too heavy and will increase the readers knowledge and if some of the recommendations are incorporated the number of visitors to your site will increase, plenty of reference to articles on the web for further reading. A must have book for anyone involved in with creating content for the net.
on 9 February 2011
I bought this book after reading all the reviews and I am very happy with my purchase. I run my own company and do my own advertising through google. The cost of using google ad words is going up, last year I spend about £200 a month but from January the clicks are more and more expensive, only in January I spend £400 on ad words, the most expensive one is about £6/7 per click. I cannot afford to spend that kind of money every month as I only run a small company. I phoned up a company that does search engine optimaziation and they quoted £500 + VAT per month for their basic services, and apparently it would take about 6-12 months to bring my website on the first page of google. As a result of all this here I am learning about search engine optimazitation. I know some basic stuff so I can say that I belong among beginers. This book is great. Its written in very simple language which even I understand. It explains how it all works and at the same guidance tells you what you should do to get better ranking. I was originaly going to buy the SEO book for dummies but the reviews were not that great. As a result I ended up buying this one and I am very pleased. All the reviews were helpful so thanks to you all guys. Highly recommend this book.
on 2 February 2010
This weighty O'Reilly book (550+ pages) tackles the immense subject of SEO and breaks it down into understandable and logical sections. I would suggest it is focused more towards the business and marketing-focused person, rather than the technical experts (who may be better off with the SEO Warrior book from the same company). Read it and keep it on your office shelf or desk as a very useful reference, I do!
on 2 June 2011
I have beeen very satified with this book. Its gives an all round overview of all aspects of SEO and contains a collection of useful information about SEO and the necessary content of webpages.
on 21 April 2010
This is a good book and covers all you need to know about SEO for Google, Bing and Yahoo and goes into quite a lot of detail. Probably more suitable for advance users/learners.
on 1 August 2010
I think this masterclass book will be very useful for me and everyone who works in the internet industry to understand how search engine optimization works.
on 12 November 2011
If you are struggling to get to terms with SEO concepts then buy this book. I agree with some of the other reviewers about some of the diagrams and graphics but the quality content contained in this book counters these points. I would love to see this book updated with ways to combat Google Panda as no book to date has addressed this issue.

As many of the authors of this book have preached in recent months, the game of SEO has changed with the numerous Google Panda updates. Looking forward to a possible update in the near future?
on 16 September 2011
I bought this book based on the current recommendations on site, though was a little apprehensive as I have no IT knowledge - apart from talking to the IT and web marketing guys!

Really impressed and would recommend 100%.

Comes across at a level that's easy to understand and is full of knowledge for all levels.

It's one of those books that I'll go back to again and again.
on 7 August 2011
This is the bible of Search Engine Optimisation, with over 500 pages of detailed analysis. Highly recommended as a reference to propel your website to the top of Google and other SE's. Printed in October 2009, it is still current but in this fast moving and technical sector a second edition will soon be due. Well worth the investment.
Alan Gray