on 17 February 2012
I have just recently started my own web site and really wanted to take it seriously. I was in the British Army and sustained a serious spinal injury, so due to obvious limitations, providing for my family has taken its form through my web site. As a result I have purchased quite a lot of books on SEO, Social Media Marketing etc, anything that will help optimise my web site to gain the best results possible. Without a doubt, "The Art of SEO" has been the best book by quite a distance.

This book is incredibly well laid out, fluid in its delivery and not having you jump all over the place, learning about something you will not understand until later in the book. I would go so far as to say that anyone interested in gaining serious results for their online venture, most certainly should have this book to hand at all times, be it conventional or digital. I have the book installed on my iPhone, Kindle and iPad and never without it. At the beginning I did find it a bit difficult and thought that I was not going to grasp the concepts, however I sincerely think this was more to do with my own personal intelectual capacity or lack of it.

This book is not for people just purely wanting to make money from a web site, YouTude Channel or social networking site. With "The Art of SEO", you will learn what I feel in much more important than money and that is gaining and keeping a community and thus receiving a steady stream of consistant reliable traffic. Pointing traffic to a site is not difficult, however turning that traffic into a loyal community is slightly more taxing but very much more rewarding and this is what "The Art of SEO", guides you to. My site Techmedia Fusion has only been live for five weeks and as a direct result of implementing instructions from "The Art of SEO", I have already noticed a vast difference in traffic and community build up on my site.
on 8 February 2011
Top accurate information written in a similar style to the blog posts to be found on the SEOMOZ website with plenty of guidance for beginners and experts alike. A highly recommended read that is not too heavy and will increase the readers knowledge and if some of the recommendations are incorporated the number of visitors to your site will increase, plenty of reference to articles on the web for further reading. A must have book for anyone involved in with creating content for the net.
on 6 January 2010
Definitely one of the best (maybe the best) SEO book available. Both for newbies as well as seasoned SEO practitioners.
on 2 February 2010
This weighty O'Reilly book (550+ pages) tackles the immense subject of SEO and breaks it down into understandable and logical sections. I would suggest it is focused more towards the business and marketing-focused person, rather than the technical experts (who may be better off with the SEO Warrior book from the same company). Read it and keep it on your office shelf or desk as a very useful reference, I do!
on 30 March 2012
Make sure you get THE LATEST VERSION of this book or like me you will find references to Firefox plugins or Google SEO advanced search techniques that no longer exist.

Even a couple of years old and this book feels dated.

This still feels like a very powerful book however and the ideas and concepts mostly still apply.
on 7 July 2011
This is the book I have been looking for long time! It is written in plain English for people, who know the basics of seo, but want to go deeper, see connections between the elements and gain some new ideas for their campaigns. It is a brilliant book and wish there would be more books like that on the market.
on 13 November 2011
I know this book is a couple of years old, but it was recommended to me the other day and as an SEO check list it is brilliant. Part of being great at SEO is being great at being constantly creative and this book is bursting full of ideas. Highly recommended from me!
on 2 June 2011
I have beeen very satified with this book. Its gives an all round overview of all aspects of SEO and contains a collection of useful information about SEO and the necessary content of webpages.
on 21 April 2010
This is a good book and covers all you need to know about SEO for Google, Bing and Yahoo and goes into quite a lot of detail. Probably more suitable for advance users/learners.
on 1 August 2010
I think this masterclass book will be very useful for me and everyone who works in the internet industry to understand how search engine optimization works.