VINE VOICEon 3 April 2008
If you find you suddenly need to use Office 2007, you will find that MS have totally re-designed the interface and after a decade (or more) of familiarity you are now confronted by the 'ribbon' and a totally new User Interface.

If no other help is available then I heartily recommend this book which covers Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access. It is well set out, well written and well signposted to allow people previously familiar with Office to find the new features without having to dwell on the more basic features.

Even so the whole thing is well worth a skim as there are nuggets of wisdom in almost every section.

I would give this five stars but it didn't cover One Note which comes in the Student / Home edition and is the one I need most help understanding!
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2008
Not a bad book covering the main Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) - some in more detail than others. I was disappointed that there was nothing on Outlook or OneNote so I decided to buy `Using Microsoft Office 2007' by Que as well, and that's the book I'd recommend. However, the explanations are good and there's a lot covered. Screenshots are shown throughout the book though they're in black and white, but that's the only drawback. I'm pleased I bought it, even though it didn't have all I wanted but for someone buying the Home and Student edition of Office 2007, this should do the trick. The book itself is just over 800 pages so it's hardly something you'd pop in your laptop bag. Like the Que book I used a scalpel to `slice' it into its various components then used a binding machine and comb binders to create five different books of manageable size (each product plus the index and overview) which lay flat when you open them. That means you only need to carry details of the product that's relevant and each `book' was as cheap as chips. Why buy something on individual products when you can get it all in one for less than £20?
on 27 December 2009
Disappointing in that I bought this book solely to have a guide to Outlook. Outlook is not covered at all.
Other parts are as good as I have found Missing Manuals to be.
on 21 December 2013
like 90% of the functions in office 2007 , you never get to use them , now have office 2010 on my new pc but did not bother with another book