on 18 February 2015
As an experienced programmer (in other languages) I usually find the O'Reilly Pocket Reference books are useful (and sufficient) when picking up a new language. I found this Python book not so helpful. The Python v2/v3 schism doesn't help: it is hard to get excited about a language with a split community.
on 14 July 2015
I have been writing SW for more years than I care to remember, but tge only reason I can find things in this book is because I already know from other languages that they will exist.
So, a useful book ONLY if you already know similar languages or Python.
on 9 June 2013
The problem with reviewing a reference manual is that you don't read the thing: you refer to it (unless you're a professional reviewer), so it's going to take quite a lot of use to build up a picture of how good it is (unless it's completely useless, of course!). All I can say is that on the basis of use I've made of it to date, it's well up to the job.
on 29 May 2013
This is a good reference guide for those familiar with python programming or learning it. I use it as a companion to a learning guide to find more information about the topics. Could be better organised as a reference but it very hand as a simple 'look-up' when you don't have the Internet to hand
on 5 December 2013
A very useful little book for reference and open book exams; may not be what you're looking for if you have a fair bit of experience.
on 29 May 2013
Provided you've already learned Python, this is the perfect pocket reference. Not just a list - actually quite readable. Not for beginners, though.
on 2 August 2013
I must say it is a very good reference pocket book (It wont teach you coding!) and very helpful. I would only like it to have an ol'good spiral binding! ;-)
on 24 December 2012
Great reference book and handy size means easy to have on your person, won't teach you python but great to remind you of the syntax of the language
on 3 August 2013
It is a bit small, but as it says in the title, this is meant to be a reference book
on 27 March 2013
Absolute very good and easy to use and understand.
Now my raspberry pi is going to be my best mini pc