on 4 March 2005
I'm a big fan of Andy Roddick but was disappointed by this book. Alot of the book is filled with paragraph after paragraph of brief match summaries which could have been read from a newspaper with no special insights added. Any comments from Andy R seem to be taken from general press conferences/interviews and there is no inside information about Andy. Some events are repeated for no reason like his change of coach which is described several times. Some odd/inaccurate phrases are used like "volleying from the baseline", I won't try that! A late chapter consisting of some experts giving their opinion is quite interesting but not enough to save the book. It needed some more inside information from either Andy or someone close to him or involved in the game, this is an outsiders basic account of one season, I learnt very little.
on 11 March 2011
completely agree with whitescorpions review, generally very poorly written, repetitious, a lot of pictures taken at the same tournament! no insight whatsoever into andy or tennis, nice bit at the end from proper tennis journos etc but I learnt next to nothing from this book! did I mention it was repetitious! wish I had't bothered... definitely the worse tennis bio I have ever read, make that the worse bio I've ever read, and it was repetitious.
on 22 October 2004
absolutely fantastic read, one of the best books about a tennis player i have read