Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 July 2015
This book is a necessity for any GoT fan. I first found it on the HBO website for £42.I was reluctant to pay that and also shipping costs on top. But then I found it on Amazon. I was pleased with the price so purchased it instantly. I knew it was a pop-up but I was still stunned when it arrived. It's not just a book, it's a thing of beauty! Every single page is crammed with pop-ups, pull outs, and mini-pop-ups down the edges. But also the whole thing unflods to a large 3D map of Westeros. I haven't done that yet because I just didn't have the room and was scared I wouldn't get it back together right . The pop-ups give the feeling of the opening scenes for the show. It's extrememly clever. A lot of work has gone into this book, having seen it I would say it's well worth the £42 that HBO charges, so grab yourself a real bargain and buy it here!
review image review image review image review image review image
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2017
This was a Christmas present. He showed this book off to just about everyone he knows lol! The book opens out and show the various kingdoms brilliantly. Fantastic design.
on 17 May 2017
Amazing book, and such good value
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 June 2015
We are fairly new to the GOT series and although my Husband has read nearly all of the books we are only on series 3 of the DVD's at the moment. With all the DVD's you get a map of Westeros ( the place that GOT takes place). My hubby is obsessed with these maps. He pours over them whilst working out where he is in the books. This pop up book was advertised in the last set of DVD's I ordered and knowing how much Hubby like maps I ordered it....I was not disappointed. Firstly its massive. You really need to open it up on the floor to get the full effect. There are pop up models of all the major castles and so much more besides.....dragons, whitewalkers, the unsullied, the iron throne etc etc. Its also so much more than a pop up book. There are loads of tabs to pull out infomation and ineteresting facts and the art work is excellent. I note that a few reviewers have said that its a bit flimsey. Im not really sure I agree with this. All pop up books have to be treated carefully and this is no exception. I almost feel that its really an adult collectors book - ideal for your GOT collection and not a toy. I wouldnt expect it to last long in the hands of young children but then I dont think its really aimed at them. I should finally mention that the cover of this book is fantastic...really well made embossed and classy looking. This is a real must for any die hard fan - a great addition to any collection that will be treasured and poured over.
All game of Thrones fans should have this item.

Be warned, it is a big and heavy book, more like a tome than anything else.

I bought one for my mother who is an 81 year old Game of Thrones fan and she loves the pull out maps, the pop ups and the vast wealth of backup information on the people and places of Westeros.

It's one of those things you go back to again and again, and is a gift that keeps on giving.

I just hope she leaves it to me in her will.....
on 24 January 2016
Prompted a vine with silly title music... Very nice. Be careful though, defiantly not for small hands, it will tear easily.
on 24 April 2014
I was extremely disappointed with this book - the colour images inside are very poor quality and resemble cheap photocopying - and the pop up buildings looked shabby. After opening the book for the first time, I noticed my copy was ripped on the inside and therefore the pop-up part wouldn't fold down properly.

I expected much more considering the quality of the show and other official merchandise, but this is like a cheap knock-off. Unimpressed.
on 3 May 2015
I got given one for my birthday this year this is the best book I have ever seen. The detail that has gone into this book is fantastic page after page of intricate design is breathtaking ever page is full of information and secret tabs or pockets that reveal more detail and this really is a book worth buying its a must for game of thrones fans but also the book has a life of its own in that the story and feelings brought to life by the writing of Mr Martin and on the page to see for yourself even if you have never watched an episode of the series on television you will be captivated for ever by this world in a book.
on 9 November 2014
WOW. For any Game of Thrones fan this pop - up book is a must. Once you have unfolded the entire book you are presented with incredible pop up features and on top of that loads of little pockets with more pop ups. I personally love the art of pop-up making anyway but this is the best I have seen. It's also reasonably priced, as have seen them elsewhere selling for twice this amount.
on 6 December 2015
I am a Game of Thrones fan and love this book. It is definitely a pop up book for adults! It has pop up castles on seperate pages such as Winterfell, the Twins, Castle Black and the Wall and King's Landing. On each page it tells you more about that area e.g. the Wall has pop up white walkers and the Eyrie has a moving Moon Door.
The whole book opens up to form a huge pop up map of Westeros and across the sea. It is amazing! Makes most pop up books look boring.