on 9 September 2016
This was my 1st attempt at a Lacey Flint book, although I liked her character I just couldn't get into the story . I liked the setting, different being set on the Thames , river police . Usually l stick with a book hoping it will get better, mostly they do but this one l never would have got into it.
on 27 April 2017
A haunting and compelling novel with the complex characterisation we've come to recognise from the Lacey Flint series. New setting as Lacey is now with the River Police and the Thames almost a character in its own right. Joesbury Is on a top secret undercover mission but still figures in the story (the novella Here be Dragons fills in the story of this and is well worth a read to complement this novel.
on 12 October 2017
I only recently discovered Sharon Bolton and thereby Lacey Flint. I cannot recommend her books highly enough. This latest book has so much suspense that I found myself holding my breath. Try her ... I hope you enjoy her as much as me!
on 14 May 2017
I got a bit impatient at the beginning of this book. So many characters to absorb.
Once the story started I was gripped. The writing was good, nothing to give pause.
on 19 September 2017
Second time of reading the series. Just can't resist them what an input down able series thus is. Superb Sharon Bolton. She just can't write a bad book !!!!
on 27 August 2017
I have read all Lacy Flint books and have enjoyed each one. This latest novel did not disappoint . A very engaging series.
on 26 September 2017
You start reading you start to gain clues are they real or just red herrings? Another great read couldn't put it down.
Expect the unexpected enjoy.
on 6 April 2015
A mixture of threads and characters all interlinked, but you only put them altogether right towards the end. I've read all four and it's probably best to read them in order. I've enjoyed each one and this is no exception.
on 22 October 2017
enthralling author , excellent and captivating
on 25 April 2017