Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 August 2014
There is a lot of truth to the two stories in this book. Even in the lives of less powerful and rich people relationships and extra marital affairs happen very much as described. They are just as sweet, romantic, all consuming and very often finally cruel and very far from honesty and real love.

Fiona's story however, is weaker in as much as it is quite boring. This is also the part of the book which is most repetitive and mostly without any action, almost standstill.

Marshall's story is far more interesting. In the beginning and in spite of his duplicity, he actually does not seem totally unsympathetic. But his true character which is revealed at the end of the book, is very typical for powerful and charismatic men, especially when they are faced with not getting their own way.

When I have only given the book three stars it's because of the bad writing. It's extremely repetitive and describing tedious and completely unnecessary details. Whether Fiona prefers her hot dogs with or without ketchup and/or mustard is of no interest whatsoever. That Logan brings French bread, cheese and wine is ok, but why add "for us" (who else for?). Where is the editor??

For me the writing did not ruin the story though. Apart from the most repetitive bits I enjoyed the book and could even at times nod in recognition...
on 3 June 2014
Power play is my very first novel that I have read by Danielle Steel and I enjoyed every page. I love the fact that Power Play is full of family drama, with family secrets.The cover really made me want to read this.
Fiona is a modern-day single parent. She is tall and thin and a very beautiful woman with long blond hair that she styles into a neat bun. Her nails are always impeccably manicurred. Fiona is the most successful women in the country at her largest corporation in American business and she happens to be responsible for a hundred thousand employees.
Harding Williams the chairman had been on the board long before Fiona got there,they had crossed path before, at Harvard Business school and he had formed his opinion of her then and never changed it since. Chairman Harding Williams was not happy that Fiona had called a meeting into the boardroom.
So much more happens Power Play that it is bursting with great characters and their secrets.
I highly recommend buying Power Play if you love family drama and secrets.
If you like reading Power Play you may like reading Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves.
Review by ireadnovels.wordpress.com
on 15 January 2015
Been a Danielle Steel fan for years but have become really fed up with the predictable happy ever after endings, every book now is about people with money who have a hard time then meet the person of their dreams and live happily ever after! If only real life was the same! Not sure I`'ll be buying any more I`m afraid.
on 8 July 2014
I Didn't think this was one of Danielle Steels best books, her earlier books were more gripping and kept your interest . Although I did enjoy the story and would recommend reading it.
on 21 March 2015
I. The biggest ever Danielle steel fan and have read everything! This book ran with two stories that were enjoyable but it finished so abruptly it took me by surprise.....wasn't expecting the end when it came and left me disappointed considering it cost me £6 to read
on 3 April 2014
I have been reading Danielle Steel for many years and loved every one. This one I felt was very disjointed felt that there should have been a stronger connection with the main characters. I don't know why but I had a feeling of dejavue.

There seemed something familiar about it. I am probably just being daft but I couldn't shake it off.
on 17 February 2015
This was the first novel I have read by this author. It was an OK read. Plot was predictable from the first few chapters.I normally read a book within two days. This took me almost two weeks.Nothing really jumped out and grabbed me. Slightly disappointed.
on 21 July 2016
I persevered with this book until the end but questioned a nmbrr of times if this really was a Danielle steel book? The writing was surprisingly poor and lacked any oomph. I'm sorry to say this was one of my least favourite books. I think it had potential but never really got going or kept my interest. Its a shame but not a good one by thus author. 😣
on 23 October 2014
Always been a great fan of Danıelle Steel: and thıs read dıd not dısappoınt me. Couldn,t waıt to get back to ıt to see what happend next. Packed wıth everythıng: Suspense: romance: heartach and much more. She does seem to get better wıth every new novel she brıngs outç
on 1 April 2015
Enjoyed the book but found it very predictable in places, I feel that there is not so much research done on Daniel's books as there used to be. Most of the latest books all seem to be of very rich people of which most readers cannot relate to.