on 5 October 2010
Following on from At my Mothers Knee Paul introduces us to a brand new host of wonderful characters each one as memorable as those in his first book. The Drag Queens, The Hookers, the children he cared for recalled in all their glory. His Mother, the indomitable Molly is cleverly woven in and out of the story giving her own inimitable opinions on everything from the bread strike to new years eve. His portrayal of London in the '70's must class him as a modern day Pepys and makes for compelling reading. Thankfully he hasn't sold out and gone down the easy 'sipping champagne with my celeb mates' route like so many others predictably do, instead he has obviously taken time and care to present a hugely readable story that is both very funny and at times unbearably sad. No doubt there will be a final volume. I for one cannot wait. Quite simply, Paul O'Grady is a very talented writer and his latest offering is nothing short of Glorious. I suggest you read this book.
on 1 May 2017
Would highly recommend Paul's books. Read and enjoy the journey.
on 1 May 2017
Excellent writing as usual from Paul. A great read!
on 27 March 2017
Top book and great follow up and great price
on 5 June 2017
As good as his first book, and can't wait to start the next. Paul O'Grady writes his life story, warts and all. The good, the bad and the downright scary as only he can. Highly recommended.
on 15 May 2017
Wonderful book by the very witty Paul O'Grady ... kept me laughing all the way through. Excellent condition and arrived the day after I ordered it.
on 13 June 2017
hilarious.
VINE VOICEon 21 October 2010
I really enjoys Pauls first book At my Mothers knee I thought it was one of the best biographys I have read but this one tops it....pure gold. It is honest and funny and you can hear Paul narrating it as it is written just as he speaks.

Thank you Mr O'Grady.....I am now waiting impatiently for the next episode
on 9 March 2017
:O)
on 2 June 2017
Really enjoyed this book it was as though Mr O'Grady was speaking well worth reading