on 21 December 2013
There are some very appealing recipes in this book and although I don't eat meat, there are plenty of vegetarian and fish recipes to choose from and I think it would be quite easy to substitute some of the meat ones with vegetarian alternatives. I am looking forward to trying out a few.
on 2 May 2016
This book is a complete disgrace. The two recipes I tried today (Vietnamese fish cakes and chocolate pudding) were a disaster although I followed instructions to a T. It is not worthy of Marcus Wareing to put his name to a book like this.
on 26 January 2015
I bought this on kindle for my tablet and I am still reading the book. I have two other books by Marcus and I am a huge fan of his. It has some brilliant recipe's and great ideas. Highly recommended for all marcus Wareing fans.
on 22 November 2010
incredibly bad recipe book. the photographs look good but the results are bland and uninspiring. certainly won't be buying any more of his books
on 30 March 2015
A good book with interesting recipes that I feel the chef cooks at home and I feel there is a leaning to recipes that he can serve to his children which would not be my need but is interesting to see all the same.
on 12 October 2009
This is great stuff. It's got everything from brilliant things you can do with popcorn and a great burger recipe, to fancier stuff which takes a bit more time but, so far, tastes amazing. And he's clearly got a bit of a sweet tooth because there are LOTS of puddings, ice creams and the like. You can even make your own jaffa cakes.. And it's a lovely thing to look at too. Great photos, etc.
on 22 February 2011
I've been HUGELY disappointed with this book. Many recipes are shoddily written up, with some ingredients listed but then not featuring in the recipe method at all.
A random 2 to avoid at all costs:
1) Spicy Crusted Squid with Lemon Chilli Confit - The lemon chilli confit is DISGUSTINGLY bitter (ever tasted ear wax?)& begs the question why a chef of Wareing's stature advocates cooking the whole lemon, pith & all. As for dipping the squid rings in the polenta mixture, it's fine for the 1st few, but quickly becomes a futile exercise, as the beaten egg turns the mix into a congealed mush, with which it's impossible to coat anything.
2) DO NOT try the white chocolate & raspberry coconut ice, however delicious it sounds. The result, I can assure you (as someone who followed the recipe to the letter), was a disaster, mainly because it didn't set & looked absolutely nothing like the photo; sweets that in reality resemble uncooked burger patties are a total turn-off.
Shame on Bantam Press for a very poor job, both of recipe testing & of proof reading.
on 19 May 2012
Cannot say how disappointed i was with this book. Having claimed to be 'Britain's finest chef' on the front he goes on to prove that he absolutely is not. Not one of the recipes i made would I make again - most didn't work out. All bar 1 went in the bin. Some were not even just uninspiring, but actually unpleasant. A waste of money and a complete disaster for Mr Wareing - never again will i buy one of his books.
on 22 July 2015
I love Marcus Wareing books and get great results from his recipes.
on 5 November 2009
This is one of my favourite cook books.All the recipes are exciting and innovative but using easy to buy ingredients.The Chapter on popcorn is fascinating. When I buy a cookbook I need to know that it isn't run of the mill as I have over 500 of them and hate it when I find the same old recipes - what a waste! Marcus Waring is a fantastic chef which helps the decision.Great read.