Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2017
Perfect
on 2 April 2013
A labour of love. This book is essential reading for anyone who is convinced that rail is a more rewarding alternative all round to frantic air travel. The level of detail is staggering yet very clearly presented. This should provide the most nervous traveller with the confidence to take on complex overland journeys.
on 22 June 2013
Such a useful and comprehensive guide. What knowledge this man has. Really gets the juices flowing... I've booked my ticket!
on 4 September 2014
Looking to do all my traveling by rail from now on,into Europe, rail information was hard to come by until now.
on 20 December 2012
The Man in Seat 61 has made his living from loving trains and travel. I salute him! Excellent book. I love it.
on 19 July 2014
I read this book almost on a daily basis to support my travel planning. It is the train travellers bible.
on 8 April 2014
This was bought to encourage me to travel in Europe by train as I'm fed up with airports and the excessive security when one flies. it is inspiring but I haven't tested a journey yet and I did wonder whether the author's information may, now, be out of date
on 9 March 2013
Regardless of wether you are planning an overseas train trip this book is an interesting guide and insight to countries beyond Europe. I was looking for info. re: HK to Guangzhou and travel within Japan.....its all there !
on 16 January 2014
Worth buying as a gift for others to inspire them.
Train to Timbuktu? Or maybe via Iran to North Korea?
Or just the 'usual' Stoke-on-Trent to Beijing :)
on 16 February 2014
A comprehensive guide to travelling anywhere in Europe by train. I like this because I travel with my dog and trains are a great way to avoid driving overseas.