Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 June 2010
Sibling Rivalry is a great book and reminds us a lot about our own relationships as well as the relationships we see with everyone else's families. Once you get a feel for the parent types, you start to identify with certain styles of parenting and what you want to be. The great thing is that if you want to approach parenting in a different way, there are plenty of examples to go about it. I love reading all the anecdotes and often I skip to them before reading the tips and strategies in situations that typically come up. It gives me my own ideas of how to approach parenting and a peek into the lives of other families. It's easy to see how these approaches can work and lets me just read the bit that I need to read when a situation comes up.
on 14 March 2014
This is a good book and well organised. Although some of the ideas might just be good common sense one does no always think sensibly on the spur of the moment. The 'strategies' are generally good although. occasionally, some seem almost contradictory. But if it helps to stop parents shouting at their children (or, worse still, hitting them) then it is certainly worth a read.
on 10 July 2015