Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 June 2017
Bought this as a kindle version. At the beginning of this book we are told that the audio is fundamental and can be used even without reading the book. The download code provided is invalid on PM's download page. I would have ordered the hard copy if I had known. Very disappointed.
on 7 June 2017
Quick and a bit leaned towards being a practical guide. I enjoy reading it. I would have given it 5 stars if it had an extra detailed section within each chapter. Bottom line: I like it.

One thing I've noticed as well is that there is no audio for Kindle versions, although the book keeps mentioning that the free audio provided with the book is important to rewire your brain for better confidence and positive thinking - which is quite disappointing.
on 24 July 2016
Great book if you follow the exercises you will see a big difference
on 18 July 2017
very good read.
on 11 April 2015
Great book ... but you've got to do the exercises, not just read through.
on 25 June 2017
Didn't think this would make a difference but it did would recommend however you need to see it through all the way.
I love it!
I've suffered from social anxiety and shyness most of my life, therefore when something comes along that actually seems to work, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The book is very simplistic and easy to read, and the exercises are simple and straightforward. For example: the first exercise simply asks you to picture a more confident version of yourself (in as much detail as you want) sat before you, then you imagine being inside this more confident self and picture another, even more confident version of yourself. Repeat several times. The chapters are all very short, the font fairly big, and each chapter has a simple exercise at the end. You can simply pick up a chapter when you need it, and read it in 5 minutes to refresh your memory. There are also sections helping with real world situations (presentations, dating etc.) to help in these situations.

As soon as I started doing the exercises and listening to the CD, I started to feel much less stressed in situations that usually used to freak me out! (Going into a busy pub sober and ordering drinks, making small-talk with attractive girls working in shops and so forth). I wouldn't say I'm Steve McQueen yet, but there is a noticeable improvement. I also look a lot better too; I think the more confident you become, the less visibly stressed you are and it is somewhat like a snowball effect. The only real thing hindering your progress is if you stop doing the exercises prematurely.

My ONLY quibble, fairly minor though it has to be said, when he first starts talking on the "mind-programming" CD he sounds almost exactly like Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf (quite off-putting to anyone who knows the character!)... Once the initial serious blurb is over, though, he relaxes and has a very soothing voice. Don't say you weren't warned, though!
on 19 October 2004
I have read many self-help books, and in my opinion Paul McKennas Change your life in 7 days is the best of them all.

The title does not mean your life will be sorted in 7 days but it does mean that if you follow the exercises in the book that you will have indeed changed your life in some way in 7 days and so the title is an apt title, but unfortunately some people are misunderstanding the title thinking it means your life will be sorted instread of realizing that it means change will happen in 7 days which is a totally different thing.

If you follow the simple techniques in the book over the 7 days and listen to the CD (as instructed) your life will indeed change for the better insome way & thus you will have changed your life in 7 days.

I am a fully qualified registered hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner and I very much rate this book.

This book is very inspiring and easy to understand, if you really want to change your life ,take more control, become more confident and gain an improved feel-good-factor then this book will give you the ideas and tools to start to achieve it, the trick is to keep doing the mind exercises reguarly in your life.

I would suggest that because P.Mckennas book is helping so many people create change for the better in their lives & the way they feel that He deserves to become wealthy from it for all the wonderful good it does.
Its a fantastic life changing book! Buy it!!!
on 25 March 2016
This really does work!So much so I actually have'nt used it for a while because I remember the thought processes and exercises it ingrains in the brain.I used the cd every night for about 2 weeks and have read the book 4 times.After first use of both I felt "different"-more confident and mentally stronger.It works.I will never get rid of this.Great stuff.