Customer reviews

on 4 November 2015
Hardback illustrated edition which I'd read before from a library, being a fan of Anne McCaffrey. It's short stories, not a full Pern novel, but the illustrations are beautiful, very well drawn in tones rather than colour, complementary to the stories. The stories are feel-good ones, nice stories just right for an afternoon or two in Ms McCaffrey's delightful world. Very pleased to have the book to treasure.
on 1 July 2017
had to buy book for the 'new story' fave author
on 21 February 2015
Good condition ,very well packed,fills a gap in my Dragon library.Happy buyer
on 6 April 2003
I am a BIG McCaffrey fan so with a new book out I had to buy it, even though I already knew most of the stories. I was interested in seeing the illustrations. I wish I had visited a bookshop prior to receiving it so I wouldn't have been so disappointed. Ever the Twain was a typical story about the young yearning for Impression. I'm glad I've read it to sate my curiosity, but if you're a fan don't get tooooo excited.
on 3 April 2011
I read this book at my local library and liked it so much I tried to buy a copy but found that it wasn`t for sale in BritainThanks to Amazon,after 5 years I managed to get a copy.There are 4 separate stories here,short but sweet,if like me you read Anne McCaffrey then I`m sure you will love these. the first one deals with a small boy who desperately wants to be a dragon rider,but a bully makes sure he`s too sick to go to the hatching.As with all her books Good triumphs.Each story deals with a different aspect of life on the planet Pern.I first met these stories when I picked up The White Dragon for 50p at a car boot sale in 1986 I have been hooked ever since.If you like a little fantasy mixed with triumph over adversity you can`t do any better than Anne McCaffrey.On top of that the book itself was in extremely good condition
on 28 March 2003
It took me only 2 days to read this book from back to front. Absolutely brilliant, a pleasure to read. Being a great fan of the Anne McCaffrey and the dragons of Pern series, this book was a delight to read. The four individual stories were exciting and kept me enthralled especially the "Girl who could hear Dragons", the first three stories had been read before by readers in different forms but the last story about the twins and how they impress their dragons is very good and is also a new story. Anne McCaffrey has always stood out as a writer with a vivid imagination.
The illustrations of the book are also quite beautiful, this is a book that I will tresure amongst my collection
on 20 May 2003
It was very refreshing to read this new book, not only to catch up with known characters but also to encounter a new story. I've enjoyed all the Dragon books and it's great to be able to lose oneself in a different place.
on 20 April 2009
A useful collection of all of Anne's short Pern stories in non-Pern collections (apart from 'Beyond Between'), charmingly illustrated, in a beautifully-bound hardback volume.
on 20 January 2014
Incredible book with four stories which are a pure pleasure to read. The hardback itself is beautiful with its illustrations and page decorations and an absolute must have. I just wish this book was also available on Kindle too. I have all the Pern books in paperback/hardback and on Kindle bar this one. I just hope Amazon get a move on and make this available to buy on Kindle soon.
on 14 May 2010
I haven't yet read this book but when it arrived I flicked through the book and was delighted with the beautiful pictures/decoration on each page, the book is beautiful.
It is certainly a gift. I just hope the stories are as good as the decoration.