on 18 July 2015
This book is great and I wish I'd read it 15 years ago when I started. I didn't really learn that much from it now, but it has inspired me to concentrate more on logging and mixing using BPM's which has improved my mixes somewhat.
on 23 December 2014
This was, apart from being an intelligent starter guide for DJing, a great read.Bill Broughton and Frank Brewster's comedic-fanatical writings have a dangerously infectious sense to them. if you previously had no interest in DJing, this book could open your eyes to the art form it is.
on 4 January 2014
I ordered this book after reading a copy when I went to a friends house and it was brilliantly funny! Super book with super points! I have to admit it was sent to me in great time and I appreciate the point that it came to quickly!
on 5 January 2016
Great price and product
on 1 March 2014
This book is a very informative , easy to understand for all levels and provides a bunch of tips and ideas. it does not really matter are you in turntabalism, CD decks or virtual DJ'ing this book will definitely provide you with new information.
Give it a read and you'll thank me later!
on 23 October 2007
I read all 290 pages of this little beauty in just 3 days, it was so good I had trouble putting it down, I am sure I will be refering back to the sheer avalanche of information contained therein for many years to come. It is very well constructed and the guys who wrote this book have a great sense of humour, they had me laughing aloud more times than your average simpsons episode!!!

Each main chapter has several extremely concise sub-chapters that give you the collective experience of the authors and every other page is adorned with quotes from the biggest DJ's in the business dispensing their piceless pearls of wisdom. Not one stone is left unturned, as they conspire to educate you in every concievable way, into potentialy becoming the next big thing.

Simply put, if you are thinking of becoming a DJ you need this book.
on 18 March 2017
A bit annoying to read in places...trying get too hard to be funny AND, it was stereotyping because it made assumption that all deejays are male. It was evidently clear that it was written for male Dejays. I am a woman who is relatively new to dejaying and the sexism was token much so I eventually stopped reading it and started reading Djing for Dummies.
on 14 October 2002
this is THE best book ive read on the art of djing. humorously written and straightforward.
not only does it hav the basics on technical ability, but the gem of the book is about actually being a dj and rightly points out you can only hav it good if ur heart is in the right place.
ive recommended it to everyone i know who is either a bedroom or professional dj.
run, go buy this book and put its experienced knowledge to good use, please!
on 16 August 2014
Covers the basics aswell as advanced mixing techniques and puts it all into words and pictures that will transform the way you think about mixing. I cant fault this book at all.
on 21 November 2015
I'm gutted, i've read sections of this in the smallest room in the house only to find that i still can not DJ properly or otherwise.