Customer reviews

on 10 March 2013
Haven't read it but daughter (15) says it was great. She'd been after it for a while and found it on Amazon.
Sorry can't properly review it as I have not read it.
on 31 October 2015
BY A LOCAL WRITER AND MOST ENJOYABLE
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 August 2015
This is a good story, very different from the pony stories I usually read, and well crafted with an exciting storyline.
on 30 August 2015
Snowfall by K.M Peyton is a victorian romance novel. It centers around Charlotte Campion, a young girl, who dreams of leaving her sheltered life at her grandfatehrs vicarage. Charlotte convinces her brother, an Oxford scholar, to trick her Grandfather and take her hiking in the Alps. She meets Cara and her husband, Milo , who seems to be able to fix everything, Pyllida, who is very intelligent, Mar, a wanted criminal and their tour guide. Soon romances blossom and drama unfolds. From Mar's false identity to Milo's love affair with married Constance, Charlotte finds herself swept into the excitement of her new friends lives.

It is a very well written book. My favourite character would be either Charlotte or Kitty as both girls are fun and intresting.

I loved the plot as it was intresting, exciting and full of surprises. However, I didn't like the ending. This was because it skipped into the future leaving out many detail I would like to have known. It also was very sad. Also, personally I didn't agree with who Charlotte ends up marrying.

From the cover I thought this book looked quite good if not a little predictable. However, I was proved wrong and found myself enjoying several plot twists and clifhangers.

I would definatley recomend this book to others and would read more by the author.
on 1 June 2000
I would say that Snowfall is probably one of the best books I have ever read. And I have read a lot of books. It covers adventure, horses, and the out doors. Many a time have I read the book and felt the same delight, sadness and excitement of the characters over and over again. It made me feel as if I was acctualy part of the drama that is with in the book. I think that if a film could be made on the book and it had the same sort of detail it would be wonderful. I also think it would be good if K.M.Peyton could write a book that covered the gap of the 50 years between the 1890s and the 1940s. A brilliant book. Kate Morris
on 12 September 2012
First read when I was about 13, I'm now 30, and re-read it often, a beautiful love story which can still be enjoyed as an adult. It inspired my love of Switzerland, the first time I went there I walked by the Monte Rosa hotel which is a key place in the book, in Zermatt and it's still there.
on 6 January 2005
I first read this book when I was 9 years old (I started early!) and found it very compelling and totally enjoyable. I am now 16 and have read it several more times, gaining the seal of approval by my mum, who read it in 2 days...and loved it!
The story follows Charlotte, a young girl longing to escape and explore, as she learns about life and lessons in a world where women should not have their own ideas, and having a bastard child is UNTHINKABLE! The charachters are highly lovable and the romance of the book is unique. This is a fantastic book to curl up in bed with, full of love, description and truth.
A heart touching novel that people of all ages will love!