Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 March 2014
This compact book is a real source of straight forwards to the point information on grammar. Highly portable and a fabulous ready reckoner. Used in conjunction with other grammar reference materials it forms a formidable part of the student's arsenal of reference material for the course.
on 20 January 2010
This is an extremely well put together piece of work. It is very easy to use and should appeal to both the enthusiast and the student. It's cross referencing is excellent and includes a synopsis of every play, the Dramatis Personae of each play and the relationships between all of the characters. It has made my life a lot easier when it comes to 'diagnosing' a Shakespeare text.
on 20 April 2012
I studied Shakespeare at school and uni and am familiar with the lingo; however, I find myself referring to this tome for the exact meanings of words whose use has changed.

The most use I have made of this book has been during those moments when I haven't had time to get into a novel, but want something to occupy my mind, for example, while waiting for something to cook. Then I'll open it at any page and find interesting knowledge which increases my understanding of Shakespeare's language.

A must for students and anyone with a love of Shakespeare.

The reason I've given only four stars is its enormous size and weight (like a concise dictionary) and lack of portability.
on 26 June 2009
Everything you want from a Shakespeare glossary written and presented in a very easy-to-follow way.
A must to anyone who work with Shakespeare's work and for general Shakespeare fans.
on 15 January 2012
I was recommended this book by a teacher as I was having little breakdowns not knowing how to finish my work - 'should I write it this way or that?'- I was in endless deadlock. I love this book, I've no idea if it will improve my writing (I will find out when editing my dissertation), but I feel happier understanding what writing is, and how it works.
on 1 February 2015
This has to be the most handy book I have ever bought in my life! It is definitely something every drama student needs!! It has every word from Shakespeare's plays in, tells you what plays that word is used in corresponding to what the word means in that context! I hope that makes sense... anyway! It is worth every penny and you may think you're a poor student or actor etc etc, but my word it is the single most useful thing you can buy to help you through your drama school years! Or English degree or whatever! Even if you're a fan of Shakespeare or want to try and get in to his plays buy this!! It will make all the pennies drop at once and all of his plays will finally make some sort of sense!
on 13 April 2011
The book is fantastic and every bit what I expected. The only inconvenience I find is that characters are really small (for my eyes, that is) For the rest, this book is very well put together; its structure is well thought of and aimed to help students with every word. I like it very much.
on 22 April 2016
A Great Help!
- Reading Shakespeare using word definitions inharmoniously with Shakespeare's work is using a tool rendering Shakespeare's selection of words foggy & not benefitting the user/reader.
- The glossary provides guidance where I want guidance on Shakespearean plays.
on 21 January 2016
A fab guide to not only Shakespeare's lingo but lingo as we no longer know it. You might be surprised to discover what some common words meant back in Elizbethan England compared to what they mean now! Fun just to browse and incredibly helpful to any fan or scholar of Shakespeare. Well worth it.
on 31 December 2010
This little gem has all the information you need at the tip of your fingers on grammer. It is very well written. The best thing I like about it is that it fits into my hand bag so that I am never without during my teaching sessions. Ideal for students and teachers.