Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 16 November 2000
If your planning to do degree work around the topic of power or need to understand machines then you might need the topics in this book. Its highly recommended in higher education and helped me to pass my H.N.D in several exams and allowed me to go on firther. Recommended for all electrical H.N.D's!
on 8 July 2004
Please ignore the last review, concerning the lack of an answers section. I mistakingly confused this book with " the art of electronics" which I would NOT recommend as it has no answers to the exercise's, where as Hughes does have answers to exercises and explains the topics in a thorough and clear fashion.
Hughes is an excellent tutorial/reference work and well worth the investment.
on 9 August 2000
Recommended for the Engineering Council Part 1 Examination Subject 503, Engineering Science
on 17 April 2015
good book and cheap. I have found it very easy to read and I do like the practical exercises.
on 8 June 2016
Easy to access even for a person without electrical background.
on 26 March 2004
I bought this book as a post grad with the idea of renewing my knowledge when required, having recent need to do so i discover the book has NO answers to the exercises hence is no use whatsover, also some parts are very thin for what the book claims to be.
I refer to the 8th ed.
on 5 December 2012
Good book, perfect condition second hand, haven't looked at the contents in too much detail but from what have, the formatting and details are excellent