on 14 February 2014
My expectations on buying this book was to receive a good overview of GIS and and what to expect as a creator / user. To be fair each area is identified but the descriptions lacked depth and are a little verbose with a lot of space is taken with examples. If you are after a book that starts to engage you with the detail of designing or seriously using GIS this may not be the one for you. If you want an overview with examples of applications, and to be made aware of the key words & jargon, I think this will meet your requirements.
on 13 June 2014
Even for me - a drone developer - this book has a lot to offer. I initially chose it to provide me with a background knowledge for one of the purposes of our product. Having "flicked" through it I became fascinated and it became a bedside companion for a week or two. A fascinating subject for a layman; for the student, or tyro, it might be essential...
on 23 September 2017
Great book for average and professional user of GIS systems. Perfect for students who wish to learn the principles and usage of GIS since the book provides many real time examples/projects .
on 3 January 2018
Great book, straight-forward to understand and was a great help for my work will definitely be the main book I will turn to for GIS applications.
on 19 July 2013
....but only if you're a complete nerd! Its got everything and more that you could ever want to know. I doubt you'll ever read it unless GIS is a major factor in your life or research.
on 24 August 2013
I used this book as an environmental science degree student and found it helpful as a reference text for my studies.
on 20 June 2015
Very good condition
on 21 March 2013
bought this as one of my second year modules is GIS, and at first glance this book is precise, accurate and easy to understand so would recomend to all!
on 10 July 2015
Great value for this book. It arrived super quick, really well packaged and all as expected.
on 30 May 2013
A good insight for those who want to get acquainted with the geographical information sciences.
A very lucid and clear introduction into GIS.