Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 February 2002
The Diary of Anne Frank is a real diary written by a real girl who had to go into hiding during the Holocaust. Anne can confide in her diary about anything. She writes about the troubles involving the Nazis and the persecution of the Jews, the difficulties of sharing a small living space with eight other people and having only the bare essentials to live on, the problem of having to keep silent so as not to be heard, and also, the hardships of having to face the problems that any thirteen year old girl has to face whilst living in these terrible conditions.
'The diary of Anne Frank' is a must-have book for any teenage or adult reader. It is deep, touching, emotional and at times upsetting, which, along with its reality and fact makes it a truly unique book to read.
on 18 March 2014
Great book of the well known story, I bought it for a home schooled teenager who is learning about the war after we had discussed racism. Anne's story brings a reality to the horrors of the period that you just can't get across from reading war books, this is the real story of a real girl who one day was living a normal life and the next her life was thrown into turmoil in ways we can only begin to empathise with. Very touching and the photos, although shocking portray the reality.
on 26 October 2013
This was actually bought for one of my children who was studying about her life, but shortly became useful to all of the family members including me. Very good purchase, good price delivered on time and packaging good too.
on 23 March 2014
How can you not love this book, it's a long time since I read it and it needs revisiting every few years. Everyone in the world should have access to a book like this. Such a courageous girl who should never be forgotten.
on 1 March 2016
I read it then gave it to my 10 year old grandson who passed it to his mum and said it is so interesting, she should read it. I have been to the Anne Frank museum but I must return at my grandsons request and take him with me.
on 19 March 2015
Great read and obviously very sad at times. It is not a book to read quickly, I pick it up and down as and when as it can be quite difficult at times. Hard to believe how they coped. Would definitely recommend it though.
on 10 November 2013
I cannot add to the past comments as this book is an essential read for each generation. War and its consequences are ugly.
on 30 March 2014
This diary brings home the horrors of war and why we should never forget ..a must read for all children
on 24 August 2014
Brought back memories of when I visited her house in Amsterdam. More of the same please.
on 6 June 2015
Great, perfect for reading to my Year 6 class.