on 30 May 2017
I have read lots of fantasy book and alwAys enjoy Brandon Sanderson because he has some really interesting and innovative ideas.

Nevertheless, the series of books is particularly brilliant and the twist and turns in the plot keep you interested all the way through. The characters are likeable and it is easy to get sucked into their world. Even supporting characters such as Rock and Lopen are well portrayed.

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one.
on 23 November 2014
What an incredible journey, but now I have to wait until Spring 2016 for the next volume. :(

Without a doubt, this is the most enjoyable book I've read in many years, and I've yet to come across a Sanderson novel that is not very good or better.

And if it's value for money you're looking for, this book is over 400,000 words long... Not far short of the ENTIRE Lord of the Rings Trilogy! :o
on 2 April 2014
This is a book you have to start when you have the time. It's long (lovely!), involved and difficult to put down. It's a while since I read the 1st one in the series but that didn't seem to matter as I picked up on the characters quickly. I have one niggle. I do know that Sanderson is setting up at the end of this book for the next one in the series but that's exactly how it felt. Having had my little grumble, I can't wait for the next!
on 18 May 2017
Couldn't put this book down, really really enjoyed it and disappointed I couldn't jump straight into the third book in the series!
It is several steps above the Way of Kings (which I liked, but don't think it was quite as good!). Hopefully book three follows in these footsteps!
on 11 June 2017
I have always thought Brandon Sanderson wrote cute, but rather simplistic action books. They have traditional heroes and bad guys, and usually arrive at a happy ending. Although this book follows the same path, it feels more complete, including much deeper character development. I still prefer Robin Hobb in epic fantasy/SF, but this book was outstanding and I cannot wait for what I assume will be the final installment.
on 1 October 2014
This series has to be one of the best fantasy series written in a long time .... That is till the ending. Unfortunately the end of the the book seems a rushed and not in keeping with the rest of the series; that said it is still better than most. On the whole this book and the previous one are well worth a read with strong characters and plots.

Update, I have the book (bought for me) and had purchased the Audio CD's to listen to in the car. Unfortunately the CD's seem to skip the last tracks on each CD in every CD player. A shame as I was enjoying listening to them.
on 27 July 2017
Fun book. plenty of depth. One or two jumps in the narrative, but mostly a page turning enjoyment of a creative mind. Can't wait for more
on 29 May 2017
I find it amazing how Brandon Sanderson manages to build a whole world with its physics, rules and nuances without you ever noticing until you're there in it!
Can't wait for the next book!!
on 4 May 2017
Love this story. I was given the first book and couldn't wait to see what happened so had to order the second book for my kindle.
on 29 July 2017
I love it as I love all of Brandon Sanderson's books. A great read from a great writer.