Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 March 2014
As the continued adventures of the Ketty Jay and her crew, this book doesn't let the series down and now I just can't wait to dive into ace of skulls. Just one thing I'd like to request.....someone please option this for a film or tv series!!!
on 10 June 2012
This is the third book in Chris Wooding's 'Tales of the Ketty Jay' series, and I would say it's the best were it not for the fact that all three are to me equally fantastic reads.
It expands the universe, expands the character roster and expands my appetite for brilliant action mixed with razor-sharp wit. This is not a book to be missed, I certainly regret not reading it earlier. If you are looking for mystery, steampunk adventure, escapism or just good old fun, you can't really go wrong here.
on 1 March 2013
This book was a recommendation and isn't normally the sort of title I would think of. It reminded me a little bit of the Flashman books, although the central character became a little more sympathetic as the book went on I didn't really feel I cared very much. If ou enjoy space based books this is probably one to try!
on 11 January 2012
The Ketty Jay series has been getting continuously better since the first book. It's great to see some serious character development happening among all those extremely fun fights; and while I don't agree with all of the characters' ethical judgements (why is demonism cool, but cyborgs disgusting?), the book does a great job of having both grisly and funny sides, as well as the occasional surprise. I'm looking forward to the next one.
on 27 February 2012
This is easily the best in the series of tales featuring Captain Frey and the crew so far. And the first two were fantastic so that's saying something. I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I didn't want it to end because I was so blissfully immersed in Chris Wooding's universe.

I really hope that this is not the last we hear of the crew of the Ketty Jay.

I need more.
on 8 April 2013
I love this series. The characters are so well drawn and the pace of the books is perfect.

Looking forward to the final book. I do think CW is sensible in drawing things to a close rather than go on and on like certain authors....
on 29 December 2011
Written in the same fashion as the first two (although probably not necessary to have read either of them before starting this one) the novel is quick paced, entertaining, at times hilarious and always amusing. The characters all have wonderfully distinct voices and Wooding has created a very interesting world. I thoroughly recommend it.
on 8 September 2016
An excellent steampunkish world. A bit too close to Firefly in places but fairly original for all that. A good series, well worth the price. A little more would be appreciated...
on 9 June 2013
item is just what it said it was.good seller will buy again from this seller, very good buy quick delivery met with my expectations couldnt put down till i finnishedshed
on 22 February 2014
I would highly recommend this set of books, the Crew of the Kitty Jay have had me riveted from the first book & I await, with baited breath the others in the series.