Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 21 November 2010
Really enjoyed this third installment of Harper Connelly's adventures. Charlaine Harris gives us at least 4 or 5 viable suspects for whodunnit without getting me mixed up on who was who and she kept me guessing all the way through.

Harris isn't afraid to let the main characters move on in their lives and in this book Harper and Tolliver's relationship has a major shift in dynamic with Manfred on the scene again too just to mix things up a bit. She also does a great job of building the tension really quickly in the last few chapters that had me turning the pages to get to the end.
on 1 November 2010
This book is brilliant! A must read series for those that love the Sookie Stackhouse novels. After reading all of the Stackhouse novels and short stories, I thought I'd try the Harper Connelly series, fearing that nothing would fill the Sookie shaped hole in my life. I am glad I tried these books! Each book is gripping with plenty of twists and turns but this has been my favourite of the three books I've read so far.
on 23 January 2011
Have read most of Charlaine Harris books including all the True Blood series and the Aurora Teagarden omnibus and it seems she can turn her hand to anything. The "Grave" series of books are for me the best out of all her books and I couldn't put them down.

Read well into the night so I could "just finish another chapter" and I hope she brings out more.
on 3 December 2015
Arrived in perfect condition
on 25 September 2007
This is the sequel I've been waiting for for a long time and it doesn't disappoint. Very satisfying progress in Harper's love life. I loved this one.
on 2 September 2010
Really liked it, I've read 3 of these "Grave" series books about the woman, Harper, who finds dead people with her step-brother (and best friend) Tolliver. Very credible, great stories, romance and suspense - hope there are more to come :)
on 12 January 2011
A friend of mine lent me the first three books, and I couldn't put them down. Grave Sight is the third of four books in the Harper Connelly series and its a must read for anyone who love the paranormal.
on 22 May 2015
Love this series!
on 29 December 2014
Excellent series
on 29 November 2009
I picked up one of Charlaine Harris's Dead Until Dark: A True Blood Novel novel a couple of months ago when I'd devoured everything Kelley Armstrong had written in her Otherworld series of books - see Men of the Otherworld for a flavour... and I was seriously impressed.

Armstrong's focus is less humourous and more into creating uniquely different supernatural societies. Harris's books are unique in their Southern States settings (or at least main characters who are from the southern US states and their language /accent comes over in the narrative) and her self depreciating humour. Both authors create strong, albeit flawed, female leads.

After I'd finished the Sookie Stackhouse book Dead and Gone: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire 9) (please Heaven let her be writing a book ten!) I just happened to bump into the Sci-fi / Fantasy shelves in my local Waterstone's and An Ice Cold Grave fell into my hands... I bought it. And, it's GREAT.

This is different from the Sookie Stackhouse books. It's slightly more dark inasmuch as the lead character Harper Connelley and her 'sort of' half brother Tolliver sell themselves as Ghost Finders. In the cases we get to shadow them there is inevitable foul play and in every case the gruesomeness is being carried out by humans. In the Sookie books the majority of dark goings on is initiated by or tied up in the supernatural community and as a non-supe human you and I can read it all with clear consciences, can't we?

Here though, our moral and social conscience gets a little more pricked because the deaths in this book really are horrific - beware gentle reader, beware - and that makes a little voice inside of you asks, "Do people really do such horriffic things to each other?" and another, louder voice, snaps back, "Get real, honey, you know perfectly well man is the cruelest creature on earth, Harper (the main character) is just opening it all up to you!" And so you read this book not just to get a little titillation on a fantasy level but to make sure the bad guys really do get their come-uppance.

I haven't read the first two books in this series and I won't buy them because I can pretty much guess what they comprise of. These sorts of books are fairly formulaic, aren't they? But, I will be buying book four, Grave Secret when it appears on the bookshelf. I've already grown to like Harper and Tolliver as much as I like Sookie and Eric from CH's other series of books and I want to keep tabs on the blossoming romance and I want to be by Harper's side (well, maybe a few paces behind and hidden behind a strategic bush) as she investigates more murders and murderers... and see if I can guess the baddie before the reveal (I nearly did in this one...)

As I said at the beginning, if you like Kelley Armstrong books buy this one, you'll love it. If you like Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books, buy this. If you like Charlaine and have read all her books, try Kelley Armstrong!

My wish for Christmas? Kelley & Charlaine get in touch with each other and do a collaboration! If you're reading this girls, DO IT!!!!