TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 September 2007
My diary arrived this morning and all I can say is wow - I am truly chuffed to bits.

There is Lu-Tze's biography, the oi dong, The Way of Mrs Cosmopilite, Lobsang Dibbler, and much more. I've already read it twice and look forward to another viewing soon. All that and a useful diary too.
on 24 October 2007
This is a lovely little book. Looks very different to anything you'll see out there (as you can see from the pic!) and is well made (it is hardback), so it should last you all of 2008 even if you are carrying it everywhere with you. I suppose some people might feel self concious with such a 'loud' diary, but if you are a regular reader of Mr Pratchett's books with their technicolour covers I doubt this is a problem!

Having said that it has so many little sayings from the 'Way of Mrs Cosmopolite' - and notes on various other practitioners, proselytisers and purveyors of (alleged) paths to enlightenment, including one T. Lobsang Dibbler - that I promise you will want to keep it to browse through in the future!

on 31 October 2007
Call me a numpty but I didn't realise that Pratchett actually sold diaries. Blank diaries for the customer to carry around and write important dates in. Sigh. I am publically admitting my ignorance in the hope of enlightening other poor mistaken souls.

I have come to the discworld fairly late on, enjoyed the history monks stories and thought I was getting another novel. There are a few pages of orignal fiction in the diary and the odd mildly humorous saying of Mrs Cosmopolite scattered throughout the book. But it remains, in essence, a diary.

If you are looking for a diary for 2008, you like Pratchett and don't mind flaunting this fact in public then you're onto a winner here. I wasn't looking for a diary, got hooked on reading the Lu-Tse snippets and so obviously couldn't return it then. C'est la vie.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 February 2008
I have always enjoyed the Discworld diaries; they are great little books that are easy to read and are always funny. Each year the diary details one of the organisations from the Discworld and this year it is the turn of the History Monks and the Sweeper Lu-Tze.

Although this isn't the best of the Discworld diaries, the `Yearbook of Enlightenment' is still a funny and interesting read. While the book includes a brief biography of Lu-Tze, the History Monks and the Monastery of Oi Dong. The majority of the book is taken up with the Way of Mrs Cosmopilite as introduced in the novel `Thief of Time' and this section is great, especially the section on meditation which had me laughing out loud. The book also includes a brief section on the various monks of the Disc from the Monks of Cool to the Way Listening Monks.

Although anyone new too Discworld probably wouldn't get too much out of this book, I would say it is a must have for any veteran Pratchett fan.
on 14 September 2008
I love this little diary. I know the year isn't up yet, but I hope there is another one next year! I've used it to put something positive I've learnt in from each day, and tried to do this as much as possible. My very own book of enlightenment :D Brilliant.
on 4 July 2013
Loved it. But then if pTerry bought out a tea towel with Lu-Tze's saying on it I'd buy it. You should buy this book
on 4 March 2015