Ringworld (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 July 2017
I would have given more stars if it wasn't for the plot thing about luck...i didn't buy it because i thought that it was a silly idea to put a such a ridiculous and unlikely thing as breeding people for luck....in any unimaginable and gigantic universe, you could not guarantee any kind of luck. I really enjoyed the Ring world though.
on 3 May 2017
I'm working my way through the Hugo award winning novels and this was next in the list and, in terms of pure enjoyment, this is one of the best. Nice concepts, strong characters, story that moves at a pace and a satisfying ending. The novel gives away it's age in places and later books that have stolen ideas means this lacks surprise in places but it is most definitely worth a read and is highly recommended.
on 16 January 2018
Phenomenal. I read this because I read it influenced Iain Banks.

This book is mindblowing. The vast has never been made more personal.
on 10 June 2017
Whilst Ringworld is looking its age it remains a fun read. Don't expect character development or great insights to the human condition.
on 11 January 2018
Great book, one you can read over and over again and still enjoy.
Great story line and food pace throughout.
Can't rate high enough.
on 29 May 2017
Their was too much emphasis on the science +not enough on atmosphere for me. I was left disappointed as it is, conceptually, highly imaginative! Those with a scientific leaning will enjoy it.
on 6 December 2017
Good Read. I won't say more, I don't do spoilers.
on 29 July 2017
A good read.
on 26 July 2017
Good read a real page turner
on 3 December 2017
I first read this more years ago than I would rather own up to lol. Its a good read but does show its age. Note to self should I ever try to write a sf. Don't mention any current technology.