on 3 March 2013
Absolutely love this book, read it a million times and still come back to it again and again. Rediculously funny!
on 3 May 2003
You don't need to be a Potter fan to enjoy in this incredibly humourous book. If the JK Rowling books annoy you slightly, then this magical spoof is even better, ripping apart everything (in a good way).
Sure, it pulls apart lots of stuff from Harry Potter that will make your sides split, but it has another look on life. It shows just what fame and fortune can do to people.
A very classy read. Buy it.
on 3 August 2009
Barry Trotter. Two words. Hours of fun. This is probably the funniest parody I have ever had the guts to listen to, although Gerber's other parody 'Blarnia' is on an even footing with this. I bought the books, I read the books, I loved the books but hated myself afterwards for liking them so much but only becuase I love the originals so much. This story is fun and the price was even better and for a product still in the shrink wrap! The way that the author totally made fun of the real work by, the amazing, JK Rowling is spot on. Nearly everything in the Harry Potter world has it's own funnier, grittier, grungier, more realistic and sexier underside in the world of 'Barry Trotter' whether it's a dirty old man version of Dumbledore, a womanizing idiot version of Harry, a sex mad harlot version of Hermione or a brain dead man child half human/half dog version of Ron, its all a load of fun. Cobblers, but fun. Well done Mr Gerber.
on 29 September 2014
my daughter loved this. great product and fast delivery
on 13 June 2003
In my opinion, I thought the book was great. Everything was laugh-out-loud funny, and was that way until the end. Every single page I turned made me laugh a lot, until I had cramps. I'm glad I finally picked up this book. There's a very weird plot twist in the end. Mike Gerber didn't disappoint me at all. A wonderful book, and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 4 February 2003
I am absoloutely astounded about the humour in this parody. However, It was getting increasingly close to the actual book "Harry Potter", any closer, and there could have been a law suit. Congratulations, but watch it
on 10 January 2005
Complete bilge - Gerber is clearly trying so hard to make a quick buck that he falls over himself in his study of parody.
When a reader wishes to be amused by such a spoof (and there ARE some funny bits to it) the craft of the spoof should be consistent with the original and the simple fact is that he cannot write as well as J K Rowling.
I gave up half way through, something I've never done before.
on 22 November 2003
Hi i am actually a really sad person who reads these sad books and actually enjoys them. Well done to J.K Rowling for wriring such an excellent and enticing book. I am 12 and really likes thesebooks. My favourite character is Valumart he's sensational. Where did J.K Rowling get her inspiration from? Her Dad? Barry is a stupid lazy typical teenager just like my mother. This book is crazy but i enjoyed reading it. The storyline is magic. When Lon Measly gets a new Washing machine for his christmas, it sucks him and barry into a magic world of witches and goblins with huge noses. Bumblemore is sooooo funny..............I wish i could meet him in real life!! J.K Rowlings books are the best in the world my mum even read them and she's 19! J.k Rowling please bring out a new book. I can't wait to read. GGGGRRRRR!