Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 January 2013
I had the 2010 hard copy of this book for our first visit to Disney. It was invaluable in planning our visit and getting the most of our holiday. We are going back to Disney again this year and after booking the tickets I ordered an updated copy for my kindle. The guide is as brilliant as ever. It really helps you with planning your visit. However, it is impossible to read the maps on the kindle version. I have nothing wrong with my eyesight and I cannot read the place names on any of the maps even when magnified. This is a major drawback to the kindle version as the maps are needed to find your way around the massive parks and to get a sense of where everything is.
I would thoroughly recommend this book for anyone visiting Florida but buy the hard copy and not the kindle version.
on 23 October 2012
I saw the reviews for the 2012 version of this book and as we are planning a dream holiday to Florida next year wanted to find out as much information as possible to be as prepared as we can be. Putting it simply, this book has it all! Everything from ride queue times to discounts, insider tips, bus routes and at over 300 pages long, it is unbelievable value. My book arrived yesterday and my wife and I spent the whole evening alternating between giggling at the delights in store for us and discussing how to make further cost savings, of which this book has many suggestions.

All in all, a totally essential purchase.

Paul
on 20 December 2012
I was given this book on my first visit to Orlando in 2009. Its full of useful hints, tips and advice. Don't do Olando without it.
on 7 August 2013
Despite having been to Florida before, it had been 6 years so wanted an up to date guide to the parks. This book was fantastic for everything - shops, parks, restaurants etc. We used it constantly and I would highly recommend it to anyone going to Florida. It is the must have guide whether you have been or not. This was completely up to date and relevant. Don't leave the UK without it!
on 12 January 2014
The task of booking a family holiday to Disney has turned out to be fairly daunting. Largely because it will become extremely costly if time isn't taken to research and explore all the options. This book is fantastic. If you're planning a Disney holiday, you need to read this book (unless money is no object!). It covers every aspect of the holiday, and some.
on 4 August 2013
We've just returned from our first ever Florida 'Disney' holiday and this book went everywhere with us. It is an absolute godsend and I can't imagine how you could get your moneys worth from the many theme parks/experiences without this information packed gem.
If you go without a plan and prior knowledge you could wander around all day and accomplish very little.
During the peak summer months Orlando is VERY busy, VERY crowded and VERY hot.
Our book helped us establish which days were lighter in certain parks, which rides were worth queuing for, what height you had to be for each ride, which shows were likely to get busy, etc. Each day before we left the house we knew how to get to the park of our choice, where to park, how much to pay to park, how to get from car park to entrance. Once through the gates we knew which direction to head in in order to get to the most popular rides.
I know this sounds very orderly and regimented for those in 'holiday mode' but it really works. Most days we would arrive at opening time and be finished four hours later. By this stage the parks are heaving and the queues are long. Meanwhile we would be heading home for a swim, then out for a late lunch/early tea in one of the many suggested restaurants.
Information is also given on where to stay, car hire, rules of the road, shopping, tipping (!!), the list goes on and on. Just don't go to Orlando before you read this book.
on 25 April 2013
I have been buying this book every year for a long time which proves that I think it's value for money even for the new updates every year if you have never bought the book before or a first time traveler you will find it invaluable.

We have referred to this book in our family for many years as the bible and often say before we make a decision on where to eat or what day is the best day to visit each theme park what does the bible say! It's never let us down and the Brit tips throughout the book are very good common sense tips to help you enjoy your time in Orlando.

It travels with us every time we travel and is with us now as I write this review from Orlando we have visited Orlando and the rest of Florida for the last 30 years and as you would expect we know our way around very well but we still find value in the book every year. Buy it you will not be disappointed.
on 9 August 2013
We got the book a couple of weeks before our first holiday to Orlando and to be honest, felt a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information. However once we were there and decided what we needed to know about, it was brilliant. Information about the parks was great, but more useful was the great tips on how to plan your time in each park. There is so much to do in Orlando you can get dizzy with the choice, but this helps to give you options, eg thrill seeking rides or amazing shows. Which ride to go to first and which you should get a fast pass for, which shows are best to get to early and what you should leave until the busier and hotter times of the day. The book was quite heavy (we left it in the car), and I would have liked a book that only had the park information, that I could have kept in my bag, but it was worth having to check things on the way.
on 24 February 2013
This just has to be the best value guide to the Orlando area even written. Especially if you are visiting the area for the first time. Even if you are a returning visitor it brings the facts up to date. It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about food, transport methods and roads, theme parks, the airport, etc.,etc.
It is written in a way which is very informative but at the same time, easy to read and sometimes amusing. There are lots of 'Brit Tips' which will save you time and money. Even the full cost of this book can be recovered several times over if you follow their tips (which I won't reveal here to be fair to the authors !) on how you can get discounts on car hire.
on 12 November 2013
This book is really good, I have learned loads for my next trip, plenty of hints and tips and vouchers on offer.

It's unofficial and written for Brits by Brits. Out of the other books I bought for Florida this is my favourite and will probaly take this with me when the time comes.