on 15 July 2016
No pictures so not very inspiring. Came quickly. Nice quality. The recipes are mostly soup and not very creative. Ok if its your first experience with a slow cooker but not much good for an experienced cook looking for new ideas.
on 20 April 2017
something for every meal of every day of the year! And the pages are wipe proof. Brilliant
on 16 April 2017
Not an every day cook book or on a budget. Very disappointed as most of the book is overly fussy recipes that don't allow you to switch on the slow cooker, go to work all day and serve dinner when you get home. Lots of recipes that have ingredients that are NOT at the local grocery store.
on 19 February 2016
I thought there would be more useful recipes for everyday use. Feel like I wasted my money. Have got better recipes on-line. I don't think this book would inspire someone to use their slow cooker. I do long hours and shift work so I really wanted simple ingredients I could just chuck in the pot and have cooking until I get home. Nothing seems simple in the book. All I wanted was a simple easy to follow recipe book.
on 26 April 2017
So many great recipes, very easy to follow and well laid out.So many recipes you wouldn't think of that appear in this book and some good ideas for people with dietary needs. Their are even drinks in this book :)
on 14 December 2015
Bought this on behalf of my mum: The Classic 1000 Slow Cooker Recipes as she has just bought a slow cooker. Book jam packed with all kinds of recipes. Have only tryed one so far but it worked rather well. Layout of book is also easy to follow and a pleasure to look at.
on 26 December 2015
Sorry, but not very useful. Most recipes a slight variation on others. Probably will not use at all. Index no use either.
on 10 April 2015
As someone new to a slow cooker the description looked like exactly what I wanted. But having gone through the book, it's not too good. It's dealt partly with the Americanisms, but it doesn't fit with my slow cooker (I have no high/low settings), and the the list for main dishes isn't too long. The main meals is the top reason for buying the slow cooker and this recipe book fails to meet my needs.
on 9 March 2018
lack of illustrations makes it less useful.
on 8 May 2017
My first venture into slow cooking and I am slowly working my way through the recipes along with those in other books and am well pleased with it so far.