Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 December 2011
This is the best magic book i have ever had. I have only got to the beginning of the second chapter and i know how to shuffle a deck without changing the order and more besides. If you are starting or if you are a professional magician looking for new tricks then this is the book for you. The last thing i am going to say is if you are interested in magic then GET THIS BOOK!
on 27 September 2012
I'll make this short and simple, if you are new to card magic and want to learn valuable card control techniques that allow you to perform some fantastic card magic routines then this is THE book to purchase. A fabulous book that should be in every card enthusiast's collection.
on 13 February 2012
Well....
What can I say!?
This book tells and shows you everything you need to know and do to perform card tricks...
Starts with the basics {did you realise there is a right and wrong way to hold/shuffle a deck of cards!}
Love, Love, Love this book...
Looks daunting, but trust me.... it's not and so worth all the reading!
on 28 November 2008
I have only just started to learn card magic and after reading numerous recommendations have included this book in my slowly growing library. To get you started it is a good book, personnaly I prefered Jean Hubbards Card Manipluations purely for variety of tricks. Variety is the only place I feel this book lets itself down. It is well written, has good diagrams and (as long as hold cards at same time) easy to follow and do. I just wish it would show me a bigger variety of tricks that aren't just "pick a card, any card" All books seem to thrust this one in your face, I am sure this is the most popular type of trick, however I would want more variety in my rotuine than this book gives. Although saying that it does teach enough sleights for you to be able to use your own thoughts to come up with other variety of tricks. As a newbie to card magic I do feel this is a good starting place to get you hooked (I am just plucking up the courage to learn from Marlo's writting)It is simple enough to acheive a goal and impress people with your skills. It is a good starting place to learn how to move hands to allow you to move to the next level.
on 24 August 2012
The package come a day early and the book is really written out. Diagrams on how to do certain things, has simple and more complex sleights (Like the Pass)

Good book, buy it if your looking to start out magic
on 4 November 2015
An absolutely fantastic resource for anyone interested in card manipulation, either a complete beginner or with some experience. Its a much better teacher for beginners than other similarly priced books or free internet resources such as YouTube videos.
It walks you through from basic card handling and shuffling techniques through to much more advanced sleights, giving several examples of tricks you can perform involving each of these techniques too. Personally I already knew most of the sleight techniques but the tricks gave me loads of new ideas!

The only downside to this would be the style of language used due to it being written nearly 70 years ago, but apart from that it's excellent!
on 15 December 2009
I have been doing card magic for quite a while now and have come across many different books. Some of them are childish and most require gimmicked packs of cards.

However this book is the BEST. No messing around as you immediately get to know the sleights used and can begin learning tricks straight away. There are easy tricks and those that require skill. You are constantly reminded not only of the skill of each trick, but also how to present it.

The tricks from this book has given me some great reactions and i have never been caught out on any single trick.

If your into card magic, this is the PERFECT choice!
on 14 February 2012
This is a fantastic book for anyone who would lke to know more than a few basic card tricks. It details all the basic and some advanced sleights (although it lacks anything on false counts). A must for any card magician.
on 30 August 2011
This book is very good at explaining card tricks. it takes you step by step through the different shuffles and then tells you different tricks to do with these shuffles. A point of warning, DO NOT skip out tricks until you at least can partially do them because they lead on from one another. Although this book is very good I think it could do with some more pictures to explain the moves better.
on 12 March 2009
This is easily the best book on magic I've ever read.
It gives you the ability to blow peoples minds with any deck of cards. I've only read 3 chapters so far and people are shouting in shock at what I've did.

As well as the tricks you learn how to handle a deck well. I can now down a in the air riffle shuffle.

Must buy book!