Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 May 2017
This is the second one I have bought. I bought one for a friend who had lost her Dad and this recent edition is for another friend who lost her Dad. My first friend said it helped her dealing with her grief - my other friend hasn't read it yet but I hope she gets the same benefit.
on 1 May 2017
WONDERFUL AND SO INCITEFUL. So relevant to me at this time and very useful, a really good read.
on 27 May 2017
Might be suitable for some people. But not much comfort for myself.
on 6 April 2017
Short, sharp and observant. Little too religious for some.
on 16 March 2017
This is just one of the best books I have read - I got this copy to give to a friend...
on 3 April 2017
Hit the nail on the head
on 3 March 2017
I love this book. So helpful in dark days.
on 5 May 2017
A really honest read.
on 5 April 2017
An account of an admittedly self-centred and self-pitying struggle which seemsed less to do with his wife's release from suffering by her death and more to do with his realisation that he had no real faith in his Christian god at that point, and his pleasure at rediscovering his Christian faith as his grief abates. In a very unsympathetic reading, some might feel that his wife was as well rid of him as she was quit of her incurable cancer by dying. My own beloved spouse died some weeks ago after a protracted illness and a slow decline - thank goodness my own experience of grief, though both acute and deep, for my soul-mate has had little or nothing to do with his account. I advise you not to waste yor money on this very short book.
on 17 July 2012
Having recently lost my lover I was recommended this book early on but my grief was still too raw for me to contemplate reading about someone else's loss. Several months on now I have bought and read the book and have re-read it three times back to back and am keeping it by my bed probably for weeks to come. It's honesty is powerful and brave. It is a real comfort to me to see my own pain described and my own consolations played back to me. This loss is the first real loss I have suffered of someone to whom I was very close and the path of grief was an unknown way. Reading this book has brought me the relief of recognising that my experience is shared by others, that the repetitive cycles while trying are perfectly normal, that sorrow is a process not a state, that it's OK to continue to love him and celebrate what we had, and that I am recovering. It is a book for people with faith. I recommend it highly and hope others will find it as helpful as I have.