Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 July 2017
Very disappointed with the quality of the book. The content was good however there was scant information about the poems ( author, era/date. ).

The quality of the book was very poor with the use of very thin, low quality, paper. This was meant to be a gift. The price was £7.99 so I had hoped for better !!
on 30 October 2014
Very good book, my aunt loves it
on 29 November 2012
I heard about this collection of poems having heard William Sieghart on Saturday Live (radio 4) & was so moved by what he had to say about his experiences of using poetry to help people in all sorts of situations.
This is a wonderful collection of poems - some oldies that I havn't read in years but also lots of modern poems ; as I yoga teacher I have found many that I have read during class to inspire students. I don't read a lot of poetry but this book is certainly accessible & has encouraged me to broaden my poetry horizons!
on 12 September 2012
A brilliant book of poetry.I gave it to a good friend who has been having terrible health problems and she loves it and it has inspired her to fight even harder for this fragile life that we live.
on 19 December 2012
Inspiring words for all moods and occasions. Cannot praise this highly enough, it's excellent. Whatever your mood, you will find something in here to inspire, console, reassure and support you.
on 26 February 2013
Some beautiful work in this compilation...inspiring, humbling, thought-provoking. Some well-known, some less well-known. A selection to dip into when the need arises.
on 18 March 2013
I got this for a family member who writes poetry. She tells me, and I agree, it is a beautiful, all-embracing collection.
on 23 July 2012
I bought this as a gift for a friend who likes poetry. I haven't given it to her yet, but it looks great to me - a good selection and nothing too heavy. I think for a poetry book it's good value for money.
on 31 October 2012
good if somewhat mundane choice. Nevertheless, it does what it is supposed to do and introduces the new and familiarises oneself with the favourites.
on 5 July 2013
A wonderful selection of poems, something to have on your shelf or on your Kindle. Although would prefer the book version.