on 24 February 2015
This is an absolutely excellent selection of poems and is up there (for me) with such anthologies as Other Men's Flowers, David Owen's Seven Ages and Roger McGough's edit of Poetry Please. In other words, some old favourites are here but some new stuff too, and all drawn together around the theme of inspiration and achievement.
on 12 September 2012
A brilliant book of poetry.I gave it to a good friend who has been having terrible health problems and she loves it and it has inspired her to fight even harder for this fragile life that we live.
11 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2018
Lovely book as a gift though I thought I would got a new book but there were some mark on the edge and the back cover. However, it does not matter much since it a good read.
on 22 May 2016
Wonderful selection of poems that I love, some new some old but mostly all good and I am quite hard to please being a bit poetry lover. This book wins where so many others fail.
on 4 April 2018
Given as a gift to a friends who is really enjoying it
on 26 February 2013
Some beautiful work in this compilation...inspiring, humbling, thought-provoking. Some well-known, some less well-known. A selection to dip into when the need arises.
5 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2012
Inspiring words for all moods and occasions. Cannot praise this highly enough, it's excellent. Whatever your mood, you will find something in here to inspire, console, reassure and support you.
5 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2012
I heard some of the poems featured in this collection on Radio 4 as part 'Poetry Pharmacy'. I thought that this book would be an ideal present for a friend who needed a bit of a life 'boost'. I think everyone would enjoy the mix of poems chosen.
One person found this helpful
on 7 October 2016
Item received as described and before expected date. Thank you.
on 1 March 2015
Wonderful, even if you are not a lover of poetry this book provides the reader with poems from across the genres, thought provoking, emotional, funny, old and new.