on 12 June 2016
Supplier was great, however Tom Bower has lost his edge. With this book and the Ecclestone book he seems more interested in accepting their entertainment and taking their version of events rather than investing independently as he did with Maxwell and others. Shame as I alway enjoyed his books.
on 12 June 2013
i read all the other reviews before writing this one and I was interested to see how many reviewers used the word 'boring'. I too found it hard going in places but I don't think it was the author's fault. I think Simon Cowell's life comes across as quite boring and samey. All that money ,power and sex and not a lot else. It made me glad I'm not Simon.
on 11 November 2013
I thought this book would be very gripping with all the press attention it received, however it is a good read, its a little to much business talk for me. Meeting for this and a meeting for that.....business deal for this and a business deal for that......I was intrigued by the group of women he seems to 'keep' though and this made the book interesting, his life has lead a strange path i think. His sexuality seems to be questioned throughout the book, and all of the x factor talk made me see x factor as a totally different thing. As a viewer it all seems so innocent and a game of chance from viewers and votes,it is described in this book like a fine working engine that can be tweeked whenever he likes. I have gotten a little bored with this book 3/4 way through. it all got a bit business like with not so much juicy gossip !!
on 2 March 2014
Over the years Simons grown on me even the times I thought I really didn't like him he always leaves you wanting to know more and you get just that more! A great look at his rise and fall to fame only to rise again! I like to think this is a well researched account of his life as I never buy biographies for that reason I much prefer straight from the horses mouth come on Simon spill the beans!
on 4 May 2014
It was a good read,if you're interested from the business side,it focuses a lot on the impersonal side of Cowell so you don't really get to know much about him apart from what we already see,unfortunately if you are an avid reader of the press,this book doesn't give you anything you don't already know.
on 13 August 2013
Its a guide to a very long battle with Simon Fuller ... who apparently is richer and perhaps better looking [or maybe less ugly]/ Clearly it has been heavily editted to portray Mr Cowell in the best possible light and he does seem like a fun and generous guy .. with a penchant for fast women, cheap television and expensive houses. Light reading for Simonophiles - I enjoyed it!
on 31 May 2012
Like most, I bought this after reading all the headlines in the red top press. It is an interesting read and a well researched biography which keeps your attention in the main. However, maybe naively I though the press revelations would be followed by equally juicy gossip. I am three quarters through and so far, all those revelations about Ms Minogue are about as good as it gets. All covered by a page or two.
I thought about giving this four stars giving the amount of work the author has done. Instead I have settled for three, as I haven't really found out any more than I think I knew already.
A worthwhile read but not as barnstorming as I was led to believe it may be.
on 29 December 2017
A great holiday read.
It kept me highly entertained. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to read another take on a well known fixture on our tv screens.
on 14 April 2017
good read & enjoyable
on 4 January 2015
a great read if you like Simon Cowell. I've read a few of Bowers books and they are usually quiet critical negative of the person but this one seems to be written without a chip on his shoulder. very detailed in private conversations and the way show business and deals work which can be tedious but I have to admit - now I've finished it - I miss it!