on 28 December 2017
Exactly as described. Arrived in good time and I'm delighted with it. Thanks so much!
on 10 March 2013
I find these books very informative- even if a lot of my knowledge I found to be misinformed to say the least. I like the fact I can pick it up choose a random page..... and find another gem proving me wrong!!!! My son finds this highly amusing!
on 29 November 2017
Good fun book
on 3 March 2015
GOOD
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 May 2007
A fantastic book stemming from the popular final round on the BBC's Q.I. series hoisted by Stephen Fry.

As a huge fan of the show I made this book a priority purchase when it became available and don't have a single complaint. Its very easy to pick up and start reading and as easy to put down after you've satisfied your factoid hunting brains!

Brilliant buy. And the series is one of the best shows on TV too - good work.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 June 2007
I bought this for myself but my husband immediately pinched it as soon as I started questioning him on its content! It makes for lively dinner time discussion especially with all the controversial entries like Christopher Columbus wasn't Italian, America wasn't named after Amerigo Vespucci, and the most dangerous African mammal is the hippo! I've given it to several people for their birthdays and they've all loved it. Very easy to pick up and read a bit then put down as divided into brief paragraphs on each entry.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 January 2007
An absolute cracking read. Both informative and hilarious at the same time. It is such a broad spectrum of topics covered that it'll appeal to everyone, whether they watch the TV series or not. I shan't spoil the joy of discovery for you but I'll recommend this book whole heartedly. In a market that seems saturated with apparently funny books this stands head and shoulders above the others.
on 4 June 2007
If you thought you knew everything, think again :P

After reading this book I know about 100 times more than I did before.

This book is filled with lots of little questions which you think you know the answer to - some of the answers are just to obvious, or so it would seem. One of the joys about reading it is having the ability to just pick the book up and open on any page and you'll be amazed by one fact or another

I won't give away any of the secrets within the book, but whether you are a fan of QI, whether you're not - it's a great book and well worth reading.
0Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 October 2008
I really enjoyed reading this book and found it more than "Quite Interesting". Unfortunately though, if you are an avid fan of the television series like I am it offers nothing new. Most, if not all, of the material is taken from the series.
on 15 April 2008
The thesis of this book is that much of our `common sense' knowledge is made up of micro-myths, and most of these myths are mistaken. This is quite radical, if you think of it. If so much of the trivia of everyday knowledge is wrong, how much else of what we know for true is false? Maybe that's the appeal of such books, and this is a particularly good one with lots of random factoids I'd never read before, presented in a racy, engaging style. On the other hand it may all be a sad lad obsession (all the authors are male), appealing to the inner Mr Logic in us blokes. Chicken Tikka Massala was invented in Glasgow, Nelson never wore an eye-patch, we are only 60 miles from outer space (upwards), why biros are called bics in France...as my girlfriend kept saying when I informed her of such gems, "Sorry, why would I want to know that?"