Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 April 2009
I brought this book after my 7 year old's school teacher recommended that we use made-up words to prevent him guessing at his reading. (A common way for kids to read!)

The pictures and descriptions of the Flaminals are very funny, and are set-up in small bite sized chunks which means that the books can be picked-up at any time.

Excellent read for adults and children alike!
on 21 December 2007
My 9 year old son and I love reading Flanimals. Much like the Simpsons, it's got one level of humor that makes him laugh, and another that tickles me. And if it happens to spark a discussion of where life comes from, well so much the better! Kudos to Rob Steen and that other guy.
on 29 September 2009
My son loves these disgusting little books and I actually think they are quite creative. I always enjoy flipping through and looking at all the weird and creepy things.
on 9 February 2010
Bought this for my younger brother for christmas. They love them as do everyone else who reads them. Brought tears of laughter to us all on Christmas day
on 20 December 2007
Thank God (if he exists) for the Flanimals!

Four fantastic books for kids and adults alike by illustrator Rob Steen (and that other guy). Congratulations, Rob, can't wait to see your next one.
on 29 February 2008
These books are entertaining, well animated and brilliantly worded works of fiction. Ricky's created world will have kids of all ages having a chuckle reading. In answer to Christians saying there in an Anti-Christian agenda you have nothing to fear it is a set of children's book and if it gets young children questioning there faith, how the world works, science, and evolution etc. is it really a bad thing? But more importantly it is a set of CHILDERNS BOOK for entertainment. Can't wait to see next stage of Flanimals when they come to life on TV.
on 15 March 2012
I bought his boxed set in 2009 for my 10 year old son who thinks they are very funny. Each page features a different Flanimal and describes what they are like and their special features. Some are very ugly, some are very cute! The pictures are extremely colourful and appeal to children and adults of all ages. Some pages show the Flanimals as youngsters then as adults which can be very funny to see (very cute as babies then horrid fully grown!). My son is now 13 and still loves to read these books and has memorised all the Flanimals. His younger brother loves them to so well worth the money I paid for them! A lovely set of books. I would recommend them to all.
on 3 January 2015
I have to say that I didn't know what I would be expecting from Ricky Gervais, but this is just marvellous stuff.
I bought it for my christmas for my five year old son (he's a very good reader!!) I would say, it's probably aimed at age 8/9 ish.
I have to say though, that it is universally funny regardless of age. If you're struggling to get your kids interested in reading, these books are great.
There's not a mass of words on the page, but the words that there are, have to be read!

The quality of the books is beautiful too, lovely silky pages, dust jackets in the hardcover books. This would make a lovely gift.
on 21 January 2008
Brilliant book for children and adults alike.

If however, youre a Christian, offended by halo's on purple blobs, then this one is NOT for you. But i'm sure there's no-one who falls into that category.

Oh wait...
on 2 December 2011
I'm not a big fan of Ricky Gervais but bought these books for my son (10). He absolutely loves the books now and, whilst there is not a lot of text, he reads them over and over again. I've also had fun reading them with him, and on my own too! All in all, the Flanimals books are daft and silly and great fun, and an absolute MUST for any kid's book collection.