on 14 April 2017
The first story is more of a children's ghost story, the second book is completely different. Both engaging but the first is much more of a story.
on 6 May 2017
After watching the film about a story In this book, I couldn't wait to read it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it lived up to all expectations
on 3 August 2017
Nice innocent children book
on 19 May 2017
Totally charming well paced children's stories. I am gutted that my children did not read these at the right age. Step into a bit of gentle magic.
A book for the young, and those who enjoy a return to the uncomplicated days of childhood with the thrills of imagination and companionship.
on 13 March 2014
Had this as a child and brought for my 8 year old , she loved it , and now lol, my 13 year old son is amazed by it ....
on 19 April 2015
my favourite book ever, the children of green knowe
on 26 June 2014
Timeless book from childhood, but still as good as I renumber it. Will buy the rest when they come out on kindle
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2013
I have known Lucy M Boston's work for many years. Her writing is high on the list of children's authors for content, style and an ability to transport the ordinary into the extraordinary with the reader unaware of the shift. My children, now all adult, loved all her books, and I have just enjoyed rereading this collection, although I am now a pensioner. You only need the will to suspend your belief in reality. I pity anyone who does not know her works.
on 25 April 2017
I have mixed feelings about this classic children’s book. It starts off so well, with a deliciously creepy setting in which a young boy goes to stay with his great-grandmother in an old manor house surrounded by floodwater. And there are other children there, children who lived there hundreds of years before. Are they ghosts? Presences? Energy imprints? We never find out, and actually nothing much really happens. Even the great showdown with the sinister “demon tree” Green Noah passes by in a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it moment. I wanted to love it, but I was left disappointed. One of the sequels (The River at Green Knowe) came bundled with it, but I’m not sure I will bother.