on 21 February 2009
This is a very good resource to accompany study of any or all of Beckett's works. References are alphabetically listed and contain a stunning amount of detail and information. It is simple to use - you literally just look up the topic you require information on as you would in an encyclopedia - and very thorough (and usually are a good starting point for directing your other reading). For example, in looking up the the entry on Fritz Mauthner, I was given a brief biography of Mauthner, a synopsis of his ideas, examples of references to them in Beckett's works, some examples of how Beckett may have been influence by Mauthner, as well as directions that pointed me towards the German Letter of 1932 (with its own detailed entry) and Beckett's study on Proust. Very helpful indeed.

I cannot stress enough how useful this has been to me in the final year of my BA degree, and I fully intend on using it should the subject come up in my post graduate study next year. The editors should be proud of a truly impressive achievement.