Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 September 2011
Having ordered the hardcover edition, I was delighted to receive a good quality, signed copy. There is so much to know about the general theory of relativity and so many good books trying to explain it to adults, it is good to discover books trying to do the same for children.
I have always felt that learning should be enjoyable and, in this short, one hundred and twenty page book, it is just that. In a well-constructed story, young people will learn a great deal not only about Einstein and his theories but, when they look back, ways to inform and entertain at the same time.
I had just finished a story for my grandson when I discovered these; (he meets Einstein down "za vormhole in za space" and, later, Arthur Eddington on 29 May 1919 observing the solar eclipse to prove Einstein's theories). Reading this felt like reading a kindred spirit.
This is a good book to read to children, giving them a chance to ask questions, so mug up first!
on 7 June 2017
Part of the trilogy. My son has read them all and thought they were great !!
on 5 December 2015
This book uses a story to present the general theory of relatively etc. I thought the story part of it got in the way, and is looking a little dated now. The theory sections are well written, if your child is interested in science, I would just get them to skip the story parts! Good for 8-12 years.
on 11 December 2015
Excellent and very informative for me as an old adult, not sure whether eleven year old grandson will love it as much if the ideas are new to him.
on 11 June 2017
Great book, brilliant explanations
on 29 October 2015
I gave it FIVE stars! I'm more of a biologist / chemist at heart but this book is SO charming and engaging....I think I've read it about SIX times by now (highlighted all the relevant passages) AND I did the quiz. Excellent read! With ditzy Gedanken and even ditzier Uncle Albie! :-)
on 31 December 2010
The three books are well written and understandable by children and adults. They are stimulating to the young mind and can help the older person to remember science that has been forgotten.
on 10 August 2014
Arrived promptly and exactly as described, thank you
on 17 November 2014
I read it before giving it to the 10 year old boy. Very informative facts found in nicely accessible concise stories. 8 stories in total and around 20 pages per story - just right for 10 year old kids (and older!).
on 15 February 2015