Customer reviews

Time Switch
Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 December 2014
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 October 2004
I very much enjoyed the story and the mechanism for the time travel to occur. Having the machine invented in the past gives an interesting aspect to the story. The author's interest in genealogy also helps to give an interesting angle to the story. Some aspects of the plot keep you guessing, although there were a few things that I worked out quickly, that some of the characters took too long to realise. I guess I ought to bear in mind it is aimed at a younger audience than me though.
I think that my favourite thing about the book is that the mechanism of time travel actually works correctly with the appropriate consequences resulting from the character's actions which many books involving time travel gloss over. I hope the author goes on to write more books.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 May 2004
This book is one of those rare animals, a book that can be enjoyed equally by adults and children. The scifi side could be compared to Isaac Asimov, but with much better characterisation, and will be read with interest by adults, while children will enjoy the way the children in the story try to outsmart the various authorities, parents, police, etc. As a parent myself it is a pleasure to find a book that I can unreservedly recommend to my children - and be sure they'll like it!
on 12 April 2004
Time Switch was brilliant,there was comedy,horror,and some bits
were emotional.One part had the hairs on my back quivering. It's
a book that you'll want to read 24/7!
on 17 June 2004
The story moves along at a pace to retain the interest of readers of all ages. Matt Chammings leads us to a place where we wonder "how will we solve this dilemma?" and are held in suspense until the very end of the book where all is revealed in a ploy worthy of Agatha Christie. No hesitation in recommending.
on 23 April 2004
This book had my children gripped from start to finish. Excellent bookfrom a promising new author.