Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2013
Set book for OP course. Lots of fun poems, and some not so fun. Just lots of beast related poetry....
on 3 January 2014
I am not into poetry, but had to buy it for my English literature degree. Buy it if you like poetry
on 1 January 2016
Havent finished reading this book.yet but again this was bought for my OU course I was on.
on 18 March 2015
Bought this for my AA100 Open University module.
on 19 May 2009
This is a brilliant anthology. It made me appreciate some poets work alot more and has encouraged me to hunt out more of their work. I've got a couple of really good poetry collections and am always on the look out for more. Unfortunately there aren't that many that I'd class as brilliant. This one deserves five stars. Like one of the previous reviewers I got this book because I needed it for a course, but I'll be reading it long after the course is done. The foreword is a bit pretentious...you'd think that Paul Muldoon had written all the poems himself. But thats all forgotten and forgiven once you get into the poems. Buy this book, it is essential reading for anyone that loves poetry.
on 25 May 2010
I bought this as part of my OU Foundation course for Arts and Humanities & altho' the course refers to very few of the poems I haven't stopped reading the anthology yet! Very nice selection and I take the editors point about limitations and why certain poems were excluded. If you like poetry this themed collection is a great read and good 'beginners' read too.
on 26 January 2016
Essential for AA100
on 4 August 2015
This book arrived on time , it was in excellent condition and a very good buy .
I would buy from this bookseller again .
I was very pleased with the product , very good value .Thank you
on 24 May 2013
Good collection of poems if you can understand the depths of poetry, otherwise they seem to be beating about the bush. Poetry is not everybody's cup of tea.
Hari
Leamington Spa
on 12 January 2013
I had to buy this for an open uni assignment. I only had to compare 2 cow poems but I found the whole book very fun and interesting. It's really gotten me into poetry.