Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2017
I was pleased to find a copy of this play, which I recently saw. The copy, despite being described as in good condition, was creased and extensively annotated across all pages.
on 29 August 2016
Holds up well on tge page even vefore seeing Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart bring thr characters to life. Clever nuance and superb timing. Great read.
on 2 September 2016
This was even funnier reading it as it was watching the play at the theatre. Well worth the buy and the price.
on 30 August 2012
I did like this play. I'm not sure that I can say why exactly, as it was quite the struggle figuring out what it was actually about. Not a lot of actual action going on, other than conversation. Sometimes when I thought I'd started to understand the plot and the characters, I realized I had no clue at all. I had to read this for my Literature course, and even though I didn't read it by choice I'm happy I did. It's short and seemingly easy to go through in less than a day (which it is of course), but there is just so much more to the story. Reading between the lines I found meanings I didn't know were even there, and maybe some I made up as I went along. In the end, I understood from the play that words sometimes speak louder than action, and that No Man 'owns' the Land in which we play the game of conversing. Is any of what the characters are sharing even true? Or is it all a game to try to be the better man, the better conversationist? To me, this is all about power through words rather than actions - that no matter name, status, riches and such, as long as you enter the game of conversing any man is an equal and only as good as his/her word.

I guess I'd recommend this to people interested in plays with lots of dialogues (and monologues?), and interested in language and the power that comes with it... Hard to say, but I think this is intended for those especially interested in this kind of psychological thing.
on 18 February 2017
Great fulfilment; Classic Pinter.
on 10 November 2016