• Ariel
  • Customer reviews

on 9 January 2018
Plath is one of my favourite poets. I have idolised her and her work since I was a teenager. Excuse me with I have a fan-girl moment. Plath made me want to write poetry.

Ariel, her last hurrah is an amazing collection of poetry. It contains some of her best work and some of my favourite pieces.

I love how diverse the poems are in Ariel, the perfect blend of light and dark. The poems are rich in detail, vivid and at times, haunting.

I loved all of the poems but my favourites were The Applicant, Lady Lazarus, Cut, Death & Co and Daddy. Of these Daddy is the best. Daddy may be one of the best poems ever written.
on 2 December 2015
I had never read this collection the whole way through, but then I saw a documentary on Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath so I decided to by a copy. This edition is a beautifully designed hardback. It is very sad reading these poems with the knowledge of what was to come for Plath, but she is a very powerful and haunting writer. Definitely a poetry collection to put on your to-read list if you haven't read them already.
on 10 July 2016
Love this edition of Plath's Ariel. Beautifully set out, easy to read and enjoy. Would recommend to aficionados and casual readers alike.
on 15 August 2017
Superb.
on 21 February 2018
Great poetry by a great poet
on 31 January 2017
Good book
on 19 February 2016
Wonderful. Have the collected poems but this is the real Plath
on 11 December 2016
Arrived prompt for A level
on 8 December 2017
Agonizing, but brilliant.
on 30 November 2015
It's Sylvia Plath, what else can I say?? She's a talented beautiful writer.