on 16 January 2014
Very pleased to get hold of this radio play since it is quite a rarity. Good story, great cast and good quality recording rather than the cheap 'other' version which is being retailed on inferior quality discs. A real Xmas treat up there with the Snowman and A Christmas Carol.
on 10 February 2013
A great Xmas story. I have loved this story for at least 30 years.We own a battered copy of the book, and the DVD (well played) My daughter (aged 7) is just as pleased with the CD. A favourite!
on 17 February 2017
We enjoyed this play on our way to France, I really love the BBC Radio collections and so did our 8 and 11 year old.
on 9 August 2014
Brilliant! This is one of my favourite novels and this radio adaptation lived up to expectations. Great line-up of actors.
on 20 November 2015
I listen to this time and time again. It's great if you can't sleep!
on 30 July 2016
Very good
on 3 January 2013
Not necessarily suitable for younger children but beautifully put together and recorded. Can be listened to again and again as there is so much to take in.
on 21 December 2014
A delightful children's story brough vividly to life.
on 29 March 2013
Its so well done you lose yourself in the story. I enjoyed this so much and will listen to it again and again.
on 18 January 2015