Grow Your Own Cut Flowers
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 January 2010
I bought this book specifically to help me grow cut flowers for my daughter's wedding in September. I am a complete novice at growing and arranging flowers so I found much of the information very useful. However, the information I needed was often difficult to find. What was lacking was a chart clearly listing the flowers that would be in bloom for each month. I had to find out what cut flowers to grow for September by reading the book from cover to cover and using post-it notes for the relevant bits that I needed. More step by step instructions on how to grow and arrange flowers were needed; there was an assumption that the reader knew a lot about gardening. The book is certainly beautifully produced but not, as they say, `user friendly'.
VINE VOICEon 24 February 2011
This book is great for beginners. It tells you which flowers are best (as in most productive) for cut flowers, how to grow them, and how to keep them fresh for a long time in your vase. The book is full of lovely pictures, comprehensive information about each flower, step by step plan for a bed dedicated to cutting flowers. I learned a lot from this book and feel comfident that I can also have bountiful cut flowers for my house throughout the summer.
on 6 July 2017
Absolutely fantastic! Thank you Sarah Raven for sharing your valued wisdom. This book is full of detailed instructions on how to successfully grow cuttinsg flowers. Just what I was looking for.
on 15 September 2013
Planning to make the transition from mostly veg in my kitchen garden to mostly flowers for cutting. I think I will find this book very useful for ideas for growing (which I knowing something about), but will learn lots about what to grow and how to use it.
on 2 November 2016
Beautifully illustrated book with valuable instruction.
on 16 July 2013
A beautiful and practical book for Flower Arrangers and Gardeners. Sarah Raven writes with enthusiasm of her experience growing flowers for cutting and flower arranging. This would be a lovely present for a flower lover with practical tips and pages full of inspiration.
on 30 October 2015
brought as a present, my friend loves it
on 1 March 2018
Very pleased with purchase would recommend
on 31 December 2014
Good plans
on 2 August 2014
Okay but not what I expected