on 27 October 2011
I bought this box as it was on a list of recommended books for my son in year 7. There are 20 books in the set which are: Savage Stone Age, Awesome Egyptians, Groovy Greeks, Rotten Romans, Cut-Throat Celts, Smashing Saxons, Vicious Vikings, Stormin' Normans, Angry Aztecs, Incredible Incas, Measly Middle Ages, Terrible Tudors, Slimy Stuartsm, Gorgeous Georgians, Vile Victorians, Villainous Victorians, Barmy British Empire, Frightful First World War, Woeful Second World War and Blitzed Brits. Very good value for money and helps with the curriculum, even up to GCSE. Other books in the Horrible Histories series that I would suggest you buy are Dark Knights and Dingy Castles (Horrible Histories Special) and Ruthless Romans (Horrible Histories).
11 Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 May 2016
This pack of books was bought for my 8 year old granddaughter. She loves the TV programmes and therefore she was delighted with these books. Although they are written in a jokey manner and focus on grotesque details, this approach really appeals to this age group, and anything that gives children an insight to historical events cannot be bad.
on 19 March 2016
I bought this for my daughter to help her with her history projects at school. I read through a couple of books with her and it brought back a lot of memories from my own childhood when I used to read these books. Not as gory as I remembered, but definitely just as interesting with lots of facts that they don't learn in schools.
on 24 February 2015
These are a great set of books that can read by anyone, Young and old. I got these bought for me but and have found my Nieces and Nephews reading them many times, Even my Mum and Dad has read bits of them. They go from the Stone Age right through to the Blitzed Brits and are a bargain at around £20. There plenty of pictures and facts that are easy to understand and children and adults alike will learn lots of fact from them.
on 30 December 2013
Love these. My eldest still watches the programmes and has seen the Horrible History tour, live on stage, so she's pretty familiar with them. The format of the series was actually very clever and it crosses that difficult divide between school and hometime, when trying to encourage your kids to carry on learning once schools out. It makes doing homework a darned sight more pleasurable for the kids and we all know how hard that can be to enforce.
Loads of 'horrible' information for the kids (and the big kids)!
on 13 February 2018
Probably the most loved series in the house. Definately started one child on a history degree. Very funny, very witty and altogether a great start to General history
on 31 March 2017
Great product, highly recommend and will buy again. Impressed with product. Delivery was speedy and excellent
on 30 December 2015
My daughter loves these books and finds all the gory details they give you hilarious! They bring a bit of fun into learning about history, and they have been used for information in school projects. Would be great for kids that maybe don't enjoy history or just generally don't like reading, they really are fun!
on 6 April 2017
Amazing value, great books and full of history. I wonder if my niece will notice if this goes missing from her bookshelf.
on 15 October 2016
Yes, despite these books being directed towards children, I still love these books. Entertaining to read; even as an adult.

I loved horrible history as a child, so I decided to buy a massive bundle for my guilty entertainment.