Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Depeche Mode Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 May 2002
Very impressive. The food is big on taste, the preparation is quick and the ingredients are easily available and not expensive. I've tried 6 recipes, copied two out to give to friends and will be making more from this book.
on 4 April 2003
I found this to be a great cookbook - especially for those watching their weight. The recipes all sound (and look!) incredibly tempting and are fairly easy to make. There are lots of "unusual" touches that make the recipes a bit different from the usual fare and it adds interest to the book.
Recipes such as Hot Mexican Tamale Bean Pie sound ambitious and somewhat daunting but turn out to be easy to make, look great and taste fantastic!
Best of all, each recipe comes with a full break down of the nutritional content - calories, saturated fat etc - which makes it perfect for anyone who is following any kind or calorie-counted or fat-restricted diet.
Easy to use, great value and an all-round great cookbook!
Ali
on 16 April 2002
If you like good food, with lots of taste involving very little preparation time and
all low calorie - then this is the book for you.
You can almost hear Ainsley telling you what to do. His instructions are clear and precise and the tastes will explode in your mouth. My husband has been on a diet for 10 days now - and he still does not know it - thanks to Mr Harriott.
This book is for the gourmets who want to eat healthily yet do not want to miss out on the flavours. Each dish is not only a delight to eat but a feast on the eyes.
on 18 April 2002
This book is absolutely fab. The recipes I've tried so far all work really well producing a flavoursome meal without all the calories and fat. Low fat cooking doesn't have to be boring, and this definately isn't. I have been cooking low fat for a few years now, and have loads of low fat cookbooks, but this is definately one of the best. I love the way you can tweak the recipes, or get further inspiration from them, and they are all so quick and easy. All in all a top book, I would recommend it to everyone, and have already bought my mum a copy!!!
on 19 January 2006
this book is amazing, i was a bit sceptical of the reviews but i was proven wrong , it contains some very good and practical recipes all with pictures along with all the information on cooking on one page each recipe has a detailed breakdown of calories, & saturated fat content, its really worth getting this book even if you not trying to reduce your fat intake !
on 21 September 2003
I've always found Ainsley Harriot's approach to cooking refreshing and this book was in no way a disappointment. As someone who's trying to follow a low-fat diet, I was really pleased to find a book that not only offers advice on how to change your lifestyle easily, but also has recipes that do taste absolutely fab! I particularly love the Wok-It Chicken Chow Mein which is so quick to cook and full of flavour. There are also some brilliant recipes to use when cooking for friends, and I bet they won't even realise it's low-fat! This book is a must for anyone's cookbook collection :-)
on 23 March 2003
...that these recipes are low-fat. I've made most of the recipes from this book and every single one has been outstanding. Many of the recipes such as Spicy Casablanca Cous Cous and the Sticky Chicken Kebabs are now a permanent part of my dinner rotation. There's none of the usual boring "steam everything" approach, and a wide variety of ethnic inspiration means that you can satisfy most of your takeaway cravings without sabotaging your diet. Definitely a worthwhile investment for the cookbook shelf.
on 15 June 2006
I really like this book. Not only are the foods low fat but they're really tasty. There is nutritional information for all of the recipes so if you're calorie counting its easy.

Don't expect this to be as fast as a micro meal (as one of my friends expected) but don't expect to have to spend more that half an hour making a meal. This is really wonderful if you're trying to cook more but have little time or generally can't be bothered. Most of these are minimal effort and even though some have massive ingredients lists (that normally puts me off) it's generally just a case of chucking them all together.

This is real food for real people, not namby pamby restaurant stuff
on 10 May 2006
I've tried over half the recipes now and they have all been great so far. I love it. Perfect for when you get home from work, you haven't got much time (or energy) to cook but you want a delicous, quick, healthy meal! Friends and family love it! The recipes are easy, dare I say fool proof!
on 17 February 2005
I got this book out of the library (reluctantly as I get annoyed watching Ainsley on TV) and it is *great*. In fact I'm going to have to order it as I can't keep renewing it.
Most of the ingredients are standard stuff, it's low in fat but you can make some recipes even lower, and the food actually tastes great! My husband is a really fussy eater and he has loved everything I've given him. Best of all, it's a down to earth book for everyday cooking. If you're looking for a book of low fat, easy, tasty recipes, you can't beat this. Honest, and I'm a mean reviewer.