on 29 March 2017
A very good book. Easy to follow and as with all Mary Berry books, every recipe explained in easy terms. I would definitely recommend this item and seller.
on 26 December 2006
Mary Berrys cook books are great.This one is a good book but I would recommend buying Ultimate cake book by Mary Berry instead.Nearly every single recepie was duplicated. This book has much less in it and Ultimate is far better with the same and many more cake recepies.I would say buy that one instead-it is a much bigger and better book on cakes.
0Comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 May 2016
I bought this on a recommendation from somekne whose cooking i admire. However i think some of the old marks and spencer one's i have from the 90s are better. It's a good book but if you already have a good baking book, there's nothing really that this book adds. It has basic cake recipes in it plus some harder / more complex cakes but even the simple cakes aren't as good as the ones in my old classic books. However my friend swears it's been her baking salvation!
on 20 November 2012
I'm a bit of a Mary Berry groupie, and since the Great British Bake Off have been inspired to improve my cake making and this book fits the bill. I've been baking for years and have various cookery books, and at first I thought this would be a bit too simple. Of course not, it's fabulous, and I'm busy baking my way through it black treacle and ginger cake, fabulous scone recipe the best I've tried and I've tried dozens, and Mary's victoria sponge is amazing. they all work, and although it's not doing my waist line much good, I'm enjoying every minute. Warmly recommend this book.
on 5 August 2015
I am a great Mary Berry fan... I have been cooking for years.. The best thing I ever did was to start collecting her cook books.. they are so easy to follow, step by step instructions, no hidden hard to get ingredients.. and this book is no exception. Packed with lots of easy to make cakes, that will thrill the family and guests. Her 'all in one' Victoria sponge is the best yet, and never fails. This will be one of her books I will use again and again. Even if you are not a seasoned cook, give it a try you have nothing to lose and lots to gain.
on 5 April 2017
Excellent cook book. Loads of fabulous recipes for all the family. Loads I've not used for years. Excellent value
on 7 February 2016
Wonderful book of cakes, really easy to follow and come out perfectly. This book has become my little cake bible as always come out perfect. Great tips along the way from Mary and why and how you have to air the mixture etc or not overmix is always fully explained. All cakes come out exactly at the right times she states too.
on 9 May 2017
Great book for my daughter who is just starting out in the baking area. Nice simple recipes with easy to follow instructions
on 29 October 2015
Useless cake maker but after trying this Victoria sponge recipe am now an expert! Will give the others a try in due course but we don't eat a lot of cakes as always watching our weight so will take a long time to work through all
on 1 March 2013
How can you go wrong with a Mary Berry recipe book? Simple, clear instructions make lovely cakes. Personally I would always follow the exact measurements of ingredients to get the best results.
My only criticism if I had to find one is that many of the recipes occur in her other books, and they are exactly the same with no deviation.
She truly is the Queen of Cakes!