on 19 March 2015
Awful.
on 21 April 2004
This book was amazingly uplifting and funny at times. It just proves how dedicated this man was to his sport. The book isnt without its sadness though and I think other readers will agree that the chapter about Ross is truely touching. I no most sports stars sacrifice a lot to be good at their sport and it seems that Colin Jackson sacrificed more than some.
His relationships with other sports stars and his coaches are truely amazing and this book is one one of the best reads Ive had in recent years. I hope everyone agrees with me
on 2 February 2004
COLIN JACKSON: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY is a must read for anyone interested in athletics or sports in general. I have marked it down only because I'd liked to have seen a full index of Jackson's race-results towards the end of the book, yet we only have names referenced. This aside, the book is not only an honest (tell-what-needs-to-be-told) autobiography that pulls no punches but it certainly keeps the reading flicking over the pages, eager to learn what may unfold on the next. Jackson hints at more to come, in terms of a book on nutrition and the mental aspect of success. I look forward to this work, and I also hope that Colin finds the inclination to pen another biography: along the lines of David Niven's BRING ON THE EMPTY HORSES. With Jackson's sense of humour and time spent with some of the greats, this would be an interesting read to say the least. (Reviewed, Feb 2004.)
on 18 September 2012
A very interesting book. Reading books like this makes you realise you have a lot incommon with these great athletes, more then you'd have thought. Collin talks about his relationships with his coach and his best friend at the time Linford Christy. Collin was in the game at a very interesting point in history where athletes were just starting to make good money for the first time. He talks about this in a very matter of fact way and also gives a great insight into the stresses of being in such a high level competitive sport.
on 10 October 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable autobography, straight to the point and a lot of interesting facts which I had not known previously. I like Colin Jackson and I used to love to watch him race. The race where he was first, Jarrett second and Pearce was third will always remain in my mind, I worked for a firm of Solicitors most of my working life and in my opinion the name Jackson Jarrett & Pearce would have made a really good name for a legal firm, and its a race result I will never forget for that reason.
on 28 August 2012
Interesting and honest book about the long career of one of the best hurdlers in the history of athletics. Also useful for coaches and hurdlers to get a good overview what does it really mean to train and compete at the highest level. Understand the joys and problems of elite athletes.
on 27 May 2015
A good read. Useful insight into the life and career of one of Britain's greatest ever athletes. His intense training methods and his relationship with his family, coach and Linford Christie. Well worth the money.
on 28 October 2014
Good
on 9 December 2003
An absolutely amazing book! Couldn't keep my eyes off it until it was finished.
Everyone who is a fan of Athletics should read it as it is an inspiring, excellant book.