on 8 June 2016
A fantastic starter for learning Italian. The book neatly breaks down each component, there's lots of repetition and the book tries to make things relevant and interesting. An excellent introduction.
on 13 October 2014
I have tried several Italian cd's books and audios including Berlitz and Rosetta Stone but this was easiest to follow, had good entertaining exercises and at the end of it you should be able to chat a bit or so. I like it and would recommend it!
on 16 April 2017
Very good language course.
on 29 March 2017
So easy to use. It has everything you need to start learning.
on 6 September 2014
Questo è un ottimo prodotto ... ma io ancora non riesco a parlare italiano
on 8 March 2017
Written in a little but otherwise great service and product.
on 6 December 2013
I only had a very short time to learn some Italian. This book had brief chapters covering most of the activities I needed for my holiday (eating in restaurants, buying tickets etc).
on 25 April 2003
I found this audio and text book combination an ideal way to get to grips with learning Italian. It's based on the original BBC series, but this pack has been updated to include euros rather than the old lire currency. Several situations are presented, providing a good range of vocabulary even at this basic level. A short section on grammar explains the fundamental structure of the language, which is more than enough at this level.
on 13 February 2005
I recently enrolled on a college course, and on the first night was asked to buy this book/cd which we would work through over the weeks.
To be honest the book is so good that I wished I had just bought the book and not enrolled at college as it is extremely easy to follow, the words sink in, and its good fun (except for the embarrassing jingles!). The book and cd is a course in itself.
I am keen to get to the end of this book, and am already thinking about getting an advanced one, or trying another langage.
on 28 March 2003
I bought the book and tape pack because I drive 500 miles every week and wanted to learn Italian quickly in the car. The tapes (2) are excellent and by the end of 1 week (with about 4 repetitions of each tape) I was able to construct short understandable sentences and can get by in Italy. I would certainly recommend this course.