Customer reviews

BBC SPANISH PHRASE BOOK & DICTIONARY
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 April 2017
Smaller than I expected but looks very useful, and its size will be an advantage when packing for my holiday. I don't suppose it's comprehensive if you want to learn the language properly and fully fluently, but for anyone wanting a vocabulary and phrase book for practical purposes such as a holiday, I would recommend it.
on 29 November 2016
Excellent little book which proved invaluable on our 10 day trip to Spain this Summer. Logically set out with lots of relevant phrases. I usually choose the BBC language products - they're of a high quality.
on 2 April 2014
This book is great because of the picture I thought it'd be text book big but it was pocket size which was good because I went to tenerife with it. It can help in any cercumstances and you can learn Spanish quite easily. ~If you're going to Spain or a Spanish location I do recommend this book. It's affordable and is a great value for money. It came with no problems. I can't exaggerate how great this book is.
on 27 December 2013
I'd already got the French & German books and, whilst I'm battling my way through those, I haven't really had much chance to look at this one. If it's the same as the French & German books (which it should be logically) then it'll be good, although I have noticed some particularly loose translations in the French book which can be slightly confusing. I know it's often impossible to translate 'word-for-word' from one language to another and you shouldn't try to do that but it is slightly confusing and galling when one word or phrase which specifically means a certain word or phrase is used to mean a similar albeit completely different word or phrase. Still I like the format and it compliments my other language learning materials well.
on 22 April 2012
Hi everyone

just to let you know,how brilliant and fantastic this phrase book is.i am learning Spanish language i found the book so informative and have everything,example:

-the spanish alphabet
-the basic(essential,numbers,ordinal numbers,fraction,days,months,seasons,dates,telling the times,time phrases,measurement,clothes and shoes measurement,false friends(there are some words in spanish you write the same in english,but have different meaning),national holidays and festivals,

-General converstion.
-shops and services
-health and safety
-basic grammar
-small spanish-english-spanish dictionary

if you learning beginer spanish language,do not hesitate to buy this phrase booklet
on 28 September 2013
This is a useful and well structured Phrase Book and Dictionary. It is colour-coded and divided into various sections such as "travel and transport", "food and drink", "shops and services", etc. There is also a useful index at the beginning of each section. As well as useful phrases there is also a phonetic description of the sound of the phrase. At the back of the book there are full English-Spanish and Spanish-English dictionaries.

All-in-all very good value for money.

Delivery was excellent also.
on 2 July 2012
This is an excellent dictionary and phrase book, having an alphabetical list of words to search and providing key phrases that would be useful in various situations eg. buying a train ticket or ordering in a restaurant. On top of that you have the all-important pronunciation guide which will make sure you are understood. Allows you to make an effort to speak the language when you visit Spain.
on 23 August 2013
This is a fantastic little pocket sized phrasebook - its colour coded for ease of use and covers all the key areas including basic chatting, hotel/hostel stays and food. I agonised for a while over which one to get but really happy with the purchase, great little book rammed full of useful dialogue.
on 22 June 2016
Brilliant little phrasebook. All the essentials, all laid out easy to find and understand. I love the BBC phrasebook series
on 11 June 2013
I can't speak Spanish to save my life, but I thought it might be helpful if I could at least say 'Hello', 'please' & 'thank you'!
I particularly like the tips on pronounciation although it's a bit weird pronouncing 'b' as 'v' and the 'th' sound they stick in funny places! I keep confusing it with Italian, but I should at least be able to say.... "Could I have a cold vottle of veer pleath?!" or something!